1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I do not know...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mydogstewie, Oct 21, 2009.

1. mydogstewie

Sexuality is a confusing subject, and lately, it's been making me upset and very stressed out. Here's the story:

I've always sensed something different. I just knew I wasn't like everyone else. About 6th grade, peuberty started to trickle in. We were watching a movie and there was this guy that came on screen. I thought, "wow, he's hot". I was mad at myself and ignored it. In 8th grade I started to question. Now, In 9th grade, I've been attracted to this one guy. He's sooo sexy and cute! I'm also super attracted to this girl.

Before 9th grade, my voice changed, and I'm starting to mature. I'm still nowhere near being fully matured.

I think that I am bisexual. But I don't know. The idea of having a boyfriend is great. I wouldn't mind at all. I would love to lay there and stroke his hair and kiss him. But...

I wouldn't mind doing this with a girl too. I wouldn't care if it's a boy or a girl as long as we love eachother.

Am I bisexual?

Thank you.

2. Totoro

That question is something only you can really answer... If you are unsure, I think that as time moves on, you will become more reassured with who you are and your sexuality. It's always a matter of time, apparently >_<

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're attracted to both guys and girls, and you think you could have a relationship with a guy or a girl, there's a very good chance you might be bisexual. If you don't really care about gender, more about what's in the heart than what's in the pants, you could be what's called pansexual, where the gender of people you're attracted to just doesn't matter.

If you're not sure about how you identify, just let your mind go on autopilot for a while. Just let your fantasies happen, see if they end up about guys or girls or both, and maybe take a cue from those. For now, you don't have to call yourself anything. Just be you - you don't need a label if you don't want one or feel that any fit you at the moment.

4. mydogstewie

@Maddy Thank you very much. :slight_smile: I have thought about pansexuality as I care about what's on the inside. Oh well, only time will tell.

@FallenOne Thank you too, i'm keeping an open mind

5. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are whatever you want to be. Sorry to sound cliché.

Just do what feels right for you. Don't worry about labels.

In the end, you owe no one an explanation.

6. Jim1454

Hi and welcome to EC!

I think most of us would have liked to have known with certainty our orientation when we were in grade 9 - but it doesn't always work out that way. I'd suggest you keep an open mind and see how things play out.

And if you have questions or concerns, this is the place to ask them.

7. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

im pretty much the same way. i do see gender, but im happy with either, i just want someone who cares about me. i'd say go with bisexuality if you really want or need a label, but don't sweat it. sexuality is pretty fluid, at least as far as i can tell.

8. mydogstewie

I'm just confused...I wish I just knew

9. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Give it time; it'll become clear.