1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's struck again.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Oct 21, 2009.

1. My semi-annual depression has crashed over me once again. I feel sad and lonely about everything. The emotions and helplessness are a lot worse this time. I've had times where it feels like if I died throblems would go away. I never truly feel happy, I never have a feeling of joy when I complete a task. I don't know what is causing it though, Should I maybe go see my doctor about it?

2. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's pretty weird, because I've been feeling lonely/depressed lately as well for some reason. Sorry, I can't help much but at least I can sympathize.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to get...well, I won't say "depressed". I've been really depressed a couple times, and this is sort of a pale shadow of that. Let's just say a bit bluer than normal.

I tend to get a bit bluer than normal at this time of year. It's not really SAD (Season Affective Disorder), but it may be related. As the days get shorter and colder, and the sun goes down earlier, I tend to get sadder. (The first week of going home from work when it's pitch black? HATE that week.) But I've found a few things that help. Full-spectrum lighting at home, which mimics sunlight, tends to cheer me up. And, believe it or not, a cheap string of Christmas lights helps a lot, too. $2 at the local hobby store or Target (thankfully, they start stocking them in October). I string them up around my desk at home, turn them on when I'm on my computer, and they perk me up somewhat. You might give that a try. If it doesn't work, hey, you're only out two bucks...and at that point, feel free to go see the doctor.

Lex