1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Male Attraction

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack2009, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well this is kind of important to me

Do gay guys look for guys like the way a heterosexual guy looks for women (youthful, healthy, full lips, height variation)...

or do you look for guys like women do (strong, tall, extremely masculine like hairy and strong chin).....

2. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I tend to like more clean-shaven guys who aren't extremely masculine who aren't hairy. I think it depends on the person really.

Not all women looks for strong, tall, extremely masculine guys either.

3. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I've always wondered how gay people are attracted to each other as compared to strait people.

4. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    this is all generalities, based on biology

tall men are more attracted to women

and same for short women more attracted to men
    ---

my face looks kind of young and too pretty (if you know what i mean), and i am stuck with it because both of my parents are like that too. I am kind of curse of looking young for a long time.

#4 Jack2009, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really depends on the guy. Some guys prefer "a man" to "take care of them". Others might prefer a smaller guy to take care of. But it seems most guys just like what they like.

Lex

6. Greggers

Well, first off, you cant view much in life as "Black and White". Your going to get many, many shades of Grey. Not all guys and girls look the the same thing in other guys and girls : - / There is a large variation, so we cant exactly give a "Black or White" answer to the question.

I personally, however, look for guys who are, for a better lack of words, "soft and pretty". I like form fitting clothes, short hair, soft skin, "gay face" :slight_smile:p), ect. I dont really see this as liking "guys who act/look/are like girls" though. I see it as liking a certain type of guy. I dont like women, i like men. So comparing the men i like to women, although sometimes accurate, is totally off base. Jaw lines, flat chests, bulge in the pants, i like these :slight_smile:

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm attracted to men in general, all types, shapes, and sizes. I guess from between the two I'd fall into the category of looking for men like a woman does. I like the idea of having someone who is strong, tall, extremely masculine, hairy (not so much, but it doesn't really matter to me either way), etc.

8. frostreaver

I like semi-masculine guys.

I'm not really attracted to extremely/excessively masculine guys. Example: some frat guys that yells, grunts and pumps their first at everything that goes their way.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Simple words really: You're attracted to who you're attracted to. If you see a guy who's shorter than you, and more full figured but have the hots for him, then you're attracted to him. Me I like guys taller than me (which is like impossible to find because I'm 6'2"), on the more slender/toned side, and kinda a bit masculine but I want them to be themselves. Sadly I've just described my roommate and he's not interested in me in the slightest as he finds me weird (due to the autism crap >_<)

10. x2x2x2x2y2

I prefer more manly men. I def don't like girly guys(that's a HUGE turnoff) but I wouldn't say I like the huge muscley hairy guys either. I want a man who's a bit muscular(not too much) but I don't need a guy that will have to take care of me. I want both of us to be strong enough that we wouldn't rely on each other too much.

11. GoBabyGoGo

definatly varies from person to person and theres nothing wrong with that. i think on a whole i like more slim, feminine, sensitive guys, but that doesnt mean im more masculine myself. but then again, some muscled guys with angular faces and stubble really turn me on too.

pretty much im just not attracted to anyone too far either end of the spectrum. i dont like flamy, girly, or bitchy guys and i dont like fat, hairy or lazy guys. (LOL at the stereotypes there)

12. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, instead of boobs they look for butts. It's obvious, really.

But seriously, everyone is attracted to their own thing (whether they're gay, straight or anything really), and although a large group of people share the same overall view on what they deem as 'hot,' they will always have smaller, more unique things they find attractive. :slight_smile:

13. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, hey, hey, EVERYONE looks for butts. I like to call asses "non-denominational," 'cuz everyone likes them.

Has to be a foodie (likes to make real food from scratch and esoteric ingredients), around my height, and...nerdy. Definitely nerdy, otherwise we won't have much to talk about. Any amount of muscle will do, but if there is strength there, I prefer it is tempered with a tad of 'squish'; ripped muscles are no good for snuggling (or tickling for that matter).

An example of a dream boat is one of my friends: a blond-bombshell with a timber-framer's body and a culinary style somewhere between Alton Brown and Paula Dean. This guy makes bows, chops wood, plays D&D, and cooks romantic dinners.

Why on earth he is straight is beyond me, and it is one of those "if only!" things. Sadly, he is indeed a solid 1 on the scale and has found his soul mate (so he says): ANOTHER very pretty blond-haired, blue-eyed person with actual curves. Their kids are going to be so damned beautiful it's nauseating.

14. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As others have already pointed out, it varies from person to person. However, without being offensive, I think men are more sexual in nature (this is just a general observation; wonder how many of you agree with it?), or at least, that's the way I feel, hence men (gay or straight) generally go for physical beauty, while women go for personality - like smartness, confidence level, intelligence, etc. Can't say about lesbians though - maybe someone here can clarify that?

Now to answer the OP's question - if you were talking about physical attraction, then I like all forms of guys, though I admit, excessively mascular guys is a huge turn off for me, but the average mascular guys are just *blushes* amazing! I love slightly feminine men as well, but overtly feminine guys are a turn off as well. As much as I love hotties, I like cute guys, too. *Guh!* As far as emotional connection is concerned, I would love a rather 'manly' sort of guy, who can take me on his arms and ... *blushes again* Call me girly, but I would love to take the passive position.

I love full, masculine, kissable lips, half-shaved beard/moustache is a huge turn on, and yes, dark, black brooding eyes...

15. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Agreed that gays love butts, but I love the chest as well, with thick pecks and all...penis doesn't do much for me.

The actual turn on for me will have to be the face...the lips...

16. kramer362

Masculinity is a big turn-on sexually, but I'm a sucker for extremely friendly guys who are comfortable with themself. I was at a small party once and this (straight) guy I didn't know wasn't super attractive, but he had the cutest laugh, and he laughed often and just had a quality that made him seem real genuine. He just seemed really friendly and approachable. Then I made a Seinfeld reference and he totally got it and we had a laugh. Oh man if he were into guys...

I guess I have good values or something cause I'm a total sucker for nice guys :lol:

17. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to find different things attractive about different men.

For instance: I think Matt Bomer has an great face, just everything about it.
    Then I see someone like Brain Gross and I think he has great eyes and hair (When he has it grown out).

18. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    for a guy to be attractive he needs to be pretty. either johnny depp-style delicate pretty, or jude law-style chiselled pretty. He also has to be at least tallish but not necessarily taller than me (i'm 6'3" so that might be a 'tall' order tee hee hee). Personality also has to be independent, masculine and strong but sensitive and gentle.

Girls i'm far less picky about physically. tall, short, weird looking, whatever. The female form is just so alluring, i'm capable of finding all sorts of women hot. As for personality, sensitive and gentle is also plus, but no need to be the strong independent type.

The actual attraction dynamic is COMPLETELY different.

I look at a hot girl, and i imagine doing all sorts of things with her... i mean i want to make her feel great too of course, there's nothing nicer than getting your partner off. but yeah, definitely want to take a lead role.

when i look at a hot guy i don't imagine the same at all. it's more psychological. it's more of a submissive attraction. i don't imagine doing all these things with him because i'd want to do whatever he likes to do, to satisfy him.

19. haelmarie

I always hate these kinds of questions. There's never going to a cohesive view of male sexuality because sexuality is so varied.

It's already been said in this thread, but I will restate it: certain people are attractive for different reasons. The idea that there is a singular male fantasy seems to be an extremely unpleasant capitalistic ploy from advertisers to get men to conform to their gender normalities.

Having said that, I've only recently realized that all of the guys I've ever fallen for (maybe 3 or 4) are under like five foot seven. I do not think that this is a coincidence.

20. No One

I guess i would say i look for a guys kinda like a girl does but its kinda a combination