1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Academic Help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Oct 21, 2009.

1. MusicIsLife

So I had a thought:

1) I want to see the world.
    2) I want to study English and Classics

Then I thought: You know, I'd love to study abroad, especially in a place like Oxford.

So I started doing some research, and I came to find that to get in I need the following:

85% in OSSDs from Ontario, or equivalent grades from other provinces.

As it said on the site. I googled it, and from what i saw its basically a high school average.

The problem is I graduated from high school 3 years ago and my average was 66% (me and mathematics didn't get along)

Does anyone know another way to get my mark up? I'm in evening classes at a local College at the moment with an average of 86%, and this is something I'm seriously considering, but I really dont know where to start. Should I ask an academic councellor?

2. Gaetan

I think you answered your own question right there. Go in, ask them all the questions you have, and they can answer them probably better than we can here. Maybe shoot them an e-mail first, so they can look things up before you come in for a face to face meeting.

3. Eleanor Rigby

Maybe you can try to enter an international student exchange. It's how I went to study in the UK, but I was in a european one (Erasmus).

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think Eleanor Rigby had a great suggestion. Try finding out if your school participates in student exchanges and also as to whether not you could participate in one.

But I would also agree that seeing an academic counselor would be a good idea. I think it would be good if you could find out as much as possible about your options.