1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Man! WHAT?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Legnaj, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Im hanging out with some friends today and there is this new bridal place next to the place we were going to eat. I wait outside and finally notice everyone was in the bridal store. I go in to find one of the girls trying out wedding gowns. I was confused. I then found out that her boyfirend had proposed in which I was like cool. We go and eat and we start talking about bride's maids. She has it pretty laid out on who she wants. Then she looks at her boyfriend and asks him about his best man. He lists off like 3 guys and me....ME!!!!!!!!!!

stop...reverse...

I dont know him well....at all. I only see him like once a month.

He's a nice guy, charming caring, genuin but I dont know him.

We get to target and we break off from the girls and him and me just start talking and he bring the subject up. He wants to spend more time with me for me to be his best man. I was like WHUUUAAA?! ME?!

I dont know what to think. Im in shock. I dont know what to say. Best man is a big deal. Its an event that youll remember and everyone will remember for a long time and he wants me to be his right hand.... I dont know what to do. :help:

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It isn't at all uncommon for the groom to have some of the bride's friends/family as attendants. Nor is it uncommon for the groom to have multiple best men. Did he specify you as his one and only best man, or just list off names of people he wants as groomsmen? Go for it, it will show her your support, and you get to make a new friend. Plus you get to know him better. This will ease the bride as she may want to know that you two are capable of getting along with one another.

If you're that uncomfortable with it, just tell him that you are. He will most likely understand. You just have to be concise and explain why it makes you feel uncomfortable. I'm assuming you feel this way because you aren't close with him? Try getting to know him a bit more before deciding whether or not you want to do it. You might also want to ask him what made him choose you over some close friends, a brother or cousin of his, etc.