1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What just happened?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AtomicCafe, Oct 22, 2009.

1. AtomicCafe

I'm having a weird week or something. I have about 5 really, really close friends who I absolutely adore and talk to daily. I don't see them face-to-face often since we live pretty far apart and have different schedules, but I've stayed close to all of them despite not having seen some in 2 years.

But this week? All but one of them just stopped answering my emails. The last one I still talk to daily, but I noticed something: if I just write responses about his day, he'll answer me. If I mention anything at all about how my day went, he goes completely silent and won't answer me until it's all about him again. I know this isn't on purpose since he's not like that at all, but it's still strange. Another friend of mine is the sweetest person imaginable, but when we bumped into each other day and she asked for help on an assignment, she completely blew me off when I was trying to tell her something exciting that happened.

Just feeling really alone now thanks to them. Most people don't like me much in person (I have Asperger's and suck at most verbal communication), so I have a miserable time getting along with people on campus. The few friends I've made here haven't said a word to me for about a week. I'm just trying to figure out why on earth EVERYONE stopped talking to me on the exact same day!

Well, I'm not expecting anyone to know. Guess I just needed to rant really quick since I'm having an awful month. Can I just have an online hug or something? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It does happen that at times things just don't seem right or that your friends are abandoning you or don't want to talk to you. Even though your friends might not have been very talkative this week, they are still your friends. Sometimes, friends get really busy during a particular week with exams or assignments for example, so their time on answering your e-mails might be limited. Also, when people are under a lot of stress, sometimes their worst side comes out, if they wanted it or not.

As for your friend that seems to e-mail you when it is about him, maybe remind him that friendship doesn't mean that it is all about just one person. It's a two way street. Maybe try calling them more, rather than e-mailing. Maybe you could also use skype (if that's a possibility).

But I'm sure that it is just something temporary. Give it a few days and maybe try contacting them again. (*hug*)

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would give advice but am pretty tired. Just wanted to say, you have aspergers too? Cool. Chalk up another person :grin:

4. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

It might be a difficult thing to do, but you could pick the nicest one of them you think will be most likely to talk to you, and ask the heartfelt question of what happened? No-one likes to upset other people (except true assholes), and if someone nice knows you are hurting they should answer.

and yeah, there seem to be quite a few of us aspies around, huh?

5. XCTI

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think most of the time when things like that happen, they are temporary. It could be something school related, especially since you live farther apart. Coincidences happen like that.

I hope everything turns out for the best for you. I'm sure it will though. They'll probably be back to normal soon.

If they're not, post again then and we'll see if we can't think of something else to try.

6. Bradley James

I get really paranoid when I perceive something like that is happening to me with regard to my friends; it happens all the time. It's quite disconcerting, in all honesty. I have mild aspergers too, so that does not help.

Being who I am, as in, not one to sit on something (I used to do), I just confront them on whatever it is I think they are doing. I can't guarantee that they tell me the truth, but at least I can say I stand up for myself.

7. AtomicCafe

Thanks, everyone. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I get the idea it'll probably be something just school or stress related. Most of them are still affiliated with school in some way, and it's coming up towards finals with all of these huge events going on everything. Hmm. Hopefully things will be better soon!