1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

books

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by touchofgrey, Oct 23, 2009.

1. touchofgrey

What are some good books you would recommend to a person looking to really educate herself (and her parents) about LGBQTA issues? Just something to give my mom a bit more information....

I read She's Not There, the memoir of Jennifer Finney Boylan and I really liked it-- I think I'm going to recommend that to my mom. What else? Any memoir or nonfiction would be helpful.

My parents are extraordinarily supportive and open and liberal and have done nothing but accept me as I came out to them-- what can I give to them to read that would just be educational and helpful??

2. Greggers

Well i read John Barrowman's Autobiography "Anything Goes". Hes a very successful Broadway actor turned television and reality star in the UK and North America who is out, proud and married. Good read if your really into him or love Broadway.

Most of the LGBT fiction ive read is about the G though :frowning2: Sorry.

3. touchofgrey

Thanks, Greggers!

Yeah... that's the issue I've been finding with all the literature out there... there's so much on gay men and not so much on the whole gay women/lesbian/ME thing!

Anyone else?

4. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Isn't there any good educational book that speaks about the entire LGBTIQ population, along with how it occurs, the science and reason behind, etc. Though, I doubt my parents will ever get their hands on such stuffs, calling them to be "A dirty piece of work of someone with a twisted brain", especially my dad, who had never (as far as my knowledge goes) read any books other than "holy" scriptures, of course.

5. touchofgrey

hey I'm *bumping* this thread.

Any good books about sexuality/gender identity specifically about WOMEN who love other WOMEN...something easy to read to give to my parents. Thanks.