1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl problems...she's straight?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dragonfly467, Oct 23, 2009.

1. dragonfly467

Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi, guys, I'm new.
    I have a very, very big crush on a girl in my class. I'll call her S.
    This girl is mostly straight. I'm good friends with one of her ex boyfriends and he told me that she's "straight, but open to women" whatever that means. He says she definitely wants to "experiment" with another girl, but I don't want to be that experiment.
    I'm almost in love with this girl. She's amazing. And I'm sure she has some idea - but not enough. How can I tell this girl my feelings for her??
    Or, just what should I do in general?
    Thanks so much - you guys are awesome.
    <3 Mary

2. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ask her out.

If she saids no stay back from her, if she saids yes then on the end of the date if it goes successful tell her you want to see her more. If she saids yes, make it clear that you are look for love like TILA TEQUILA!

[​IMG]

3. How close of friends are you with this girl? That could make a difference. But if she is straight, the worst thing to do is push her.

I know that's the last thing you want to hear. It was the last thing I wanted to hear when I fell in love with my best friend. But if she's into you, definitely go for it. Just ask her, read her signals carefully and if she doesn't seem to want it, back off. Especially if you two are good friends, everything will work out better if you respect her boundaries. ~megan~

PS: Welcome to EC! I have waaaayyy to much experience in the falling for friends area so if you want to talk, message me!

4. XCTI

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If I were you, I'd try to 'test the water', as it were, before diving right in.

That is, talk to her some time, bring up the subject without mentioning that you are in love with her, to see how she reacts to it. If she reacts well, then be straightforward with her. If she's unresponsive to the idea, it wasn't meant to be.

5. dragonfly467

Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you so much guys, this is awesome advice.

6. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Approach with caution if you wanted to get onto the topic of homosexuality to see how she reacts or feels about a gay relationships then what I always do is mention Lindsay Lohan I don't like her but hey it's a good way of getting onto the topic of lesbians

7. dragonfly467

Out Status:
    All but family
    I know she's not a homophobe or anything like that, she has a brother who's gay and completely supports him and loves him.
    I just don't know how she feels about me. We're not very close yet because she just transferred to my school at the beginning of the year and I have hardly any classes with her - the only time i really see her is thursday afternoons. I want things to progress with the friendship so she'll be comfortable around me but I'm really shy, especially around her.

8. tylerzane69

so find a mutual friend who will set up times when all of you can hang out, work your way in slowly and become her friend, i personally would make it known that im into the same sex and it may strike her curiosity even more and she may end up coming to you with questions... good luck

9. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

one thing i'm wondering, are you out to her? because if she has no idea and you spring it on her and ask her out... *cue the crickets*

10. dragonfly467

Out Status:
    All but family
    I didn't tell her specifically, but most of my class knows and it's on Fbook so i think so...
    And one of my guy friends said to me "Mary, we need to go babe-watching" while she was right there. I think she knows

11. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

eh then i would go for it :grin: good luck!

12. I know how you feel, I'm in the exact same situation...
    just start a conversation with her about "experiencing" and if she reacts positively, then try to ask her out