1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving out of the House

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack2009, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was told when I turn 18 I will have to start paying rent at my house, $200 a month. And lots of anger discussions, since my mom thinks I am being cheap with her and the family. She doesn't have a job right now, and I am saving my money for after high school, so I am putting 99% of my money into savings. The other 1% actually went to my mother, since I gave her $50 already to pay bills, $20 to my grandma, and I took them out to dinner a few times.

But really she expected me to pay for everything and give my salaries practically over to her when I got my job. Since she just expects it of me, if I add it all up I gave her over $100, so its not like I didn't get her anything. And I only been working 2 and half months.

I don't want to give her rent since I rather live on my own under my rules somewhere than give her rent and still feel like I have to live by her rules. And she's making my brother look great and all, when he doesn't even have a job because she saids if he had a job he would give her all his salaries and she'll give him enough to have fun.

And blaming me for using all her gas, when he's gone for hours a week and using our dad's credit card. I never touch his money, and never will. I only drive at maximum 10-15 miles a week since my job is close by, and I pay for my gas when I do.

2. Alex19

tell ur mom to fuckin chillax. and get ur other bro to go and get a job and become this o-so great son she says hed be. point out her wrongs and ull win this scrupple.

3. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    she wants me to get him a job at my place (which i don't mind doing)

but she'll never be happy with me because before this she was on my case to get a job for months until i finally found a place hiring (she doesn't care much about my brother getting a job, and feels sorry for him since our dad is on his case because i have one) .

I have good grades and he's failing school, and I don't do much outside of school and work in the party scene and could. She's always going to find something, and now it's about my money, which is the only thing I have in this world. I just can't give it ALL up to her, since my dreams are in the money.

my brother is just a year younger than me

#3 Jack2009, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  4. Jim1454

If you're going to be working full time and no longer going to school, then I'd say you should be paying your mom to live in her house - whether she really needs the money or not.

If you're still going to be going to school then as a parent I would think she'd want to support you and allow you to focus on your education and not be stressed about paying rent.

However, if you're the only person working in your house and there is a problem with money, maybe you're being a little selfish in keeping it all for yourself.

5. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm still going to school, and part time job.

I told her today I'll give her all my money, then she said no. Then I gave her a $100 to pay some bills + another $100 later this week.

I'll give her money if she needs it, which I explain, but not for wants in which I think she expects me to give her. And then she told me stories about how she hear guys give half their earnings to their parents in other countries... and then mention my brother would give all his money to her.

I don't get it... I'm just letting it go for now.

I guess I'll just need another job or something to make her happy, since I'll still need some money to leave home and start my profession.

#5 Jack2009, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009