1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MLCarr, Oct 27, 2009.

1. MLCarr

Is it possible to love someone so much it hurts?

What if she loves you back and can't admit it to herself.

I'm not sure what to do other than just vie up. I need to just give up, but I can't. I need to let her go before I screw up even more friendships and completely go insane....

2. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

it is definitely possible to love (or lust in my case) after someone so much that it hurts. unfortunately, in my case it was unrequited, which seems to be your issue as well. if she is absolutely positive she doest want you, then try your best to let her go. its hard but its best for you and her. and when you do, maybe she'll discover she missed you and she makes the move. (just wishful thinking on my part because i'm so alone and its all my fault *facepalm*)

3. MLCarr

Sounds like you made a similar mistake to what I did... I told the truth that I liked her but that there is a line I won't cross. She believed me until she thought about it. Now she doesn't trust me. *facepalm* The worst thing is all I did was tell the truth...

4. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    At least in my case i do find it normal =_= in my case i told him i loved (love? xD) him and it kinda turn out ..um BAD (he pushed me away so i would un-love him) anyway =_= it is normal
    but is she straight? o.o?
    um it seems like everybody is doing it *facepalm* xD

5. AS1989

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same thing happpened to me recently. It sucks bigtime. It still hurts :-/

6. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that telling her was one of the best things you may have done although you dont realise it now. I know that I have been in the same position as you, in that I had fallen big time for a good friend of mine. But I never told her that I had fallen in love with her. It drove me insane because in my mind I was never sure if every action she made was her telling me she liked me too. She`d touch my shoulder and to me that must have meant she was flirting. It got to the point where I just couldnt take it anymore and I started to push her away instead. It was easier to just try and avoid her rather than tell her the truth. Ultimately she thought she had upset me and put all her efforts into saving our friendship, which of course just made my feelings shoot through the roof. I did more harm than good by not telling her. We are still friends but not nearly as close as we use to be. Over time my feelings for her have faded to the point where I dont at all see her as anything more than a friend. I cant help wonder if I had just told her and she had told me it wasnt reciprocal(as I know she would have), then I would have got to this point in my life so much sooner. So I know what you are going through and you just have to hang in there mate. She doesnt feel the same way as you do and you need to come to terms with that. Its hard and its one of the worst feelings in the world but you can do it.
    nicxxx

7. shorty

Knowing how girls are just (generally) so much more naturally intimate and touchy with each other, I can't imagine how much more confusing the signals from crushes must be for you gals. You have my sympathy in trying to work that out! (*hug*)

8. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I'm in a similar situation. I dated this girl once and ended up rejecting her. Now, a year later, I'm about 99% certain that I'm in love with her. She's been super sweet to me lately--we've been growing closer and hanging out a lot. But I have no idea if she actually likes me or if it's all just platonic. (I mean, she sent me a text message a couple of weeks ago talking about how happy she was that we could still be friends after the whole dating thing without anything getting awkward. And yet she's only gotten friendlier and friendlier since. It's so confusing.)

Ugh this sucks.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whatever the story is, you're gonna have to simply step away for awhile. And it might hurt, and you might bemoan your fate, and you might want to kick the walls or punch the pillow or cry or scream or eat butterscotch sundaes. Go ahead - do it all. Give yourself time and space to grieve. Eventually, it'll start getting better, and you can start moving forward.

Lex

10. MLCarr

So as I was reading through this I was like...yeah yeah I know then I got to "eat butterscotch sundaes" and you seriously just made my day. Thx Lex.

11. Just Adam

its usually the crushing knowlledge that despite how much you love them there will never be anything that it hurts

12. Camman3

Quoted from Qikipedia:
    Even Wikipedia seems to think so...

But yeah, love-sickness can hurt a helluva lot - physical pain can almost always be relieved, but emotional suffering is the most pain-filled experience ever, because it even involves other people: parents/relatives can't stand it when they see their children/loved ones broken-hearted. Consider when someone you loved was very hurt before...

Jeez... I'm even depressing myself here:tears:

13. Just Adam

i dont want to say loves depressing....

so ill just think it :cry:

14. Gabriel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're not alone, honey!