1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Boy Is So CONFUSING

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Virgo, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Virgo

Okay so I met this guy online who lives very close to me.. he goes to a school in my district.. and I think he's hot and stuff. And like. He was so sweet at first when we were chatting online, I totally fell for him... but I didn't show it, cuz I was playing hard to get. He was always flirting with me and stuff and we he was going to go on a date with me but I was having kind of conflicts with setting it up and internal ones like being comfortable with myself since I've never been on a date and I was kind of nervous to meet him. Anyway... I was a little upset that he went on a date with someone else on saturday.. I mean... at least if you're going to date multiple guys, don't tell one about the other :icon_sad: I just felt jealous and stupid.. I mean ok you're dating another guy what am I supposed to say congratulations? Well.. I probably did say something like that.. or "ooh coolies" or something.. just to mask my emotion. In other words I didn't let him know I was upset, because I didn't want to seem immature.

I mean.. what worries me is that he's been with a few guys, but he's never had a boyfriend. He's done hand and blowjobs but hasn't had actual sex. And then there's me who hasn't had my first kiss, first boyfriend, or anything like that. I just feel dumb.

He works at my library, where my friends & I have been hanging out lately. Once we got there at the time he got off work, and my friend thought she saw him outside the building but I didn't think it was him.. and I yelled out his name, and the guy turned around o.o! Then I hid behind my friend. Lol. It was sad. And he kept walking to his car. Yeah... so I haven't actually met him yet. I just don't know what to do.. I used to be happy when I thought about him but now I'm just sad.

2. nisomer

Hmm interesting...this guy could be trying to make you jealous by going out with someone else, or maybe he wants to just brag...Or maybe he just misunderstood you for not going out with him. These are many possibilities. You say that he sounded really sweet online, and what about now? Do you still talk to him? He could be totally faking it, and since you have never met him, you have no idea what he is like in person.

Maybe you should talk to him some more and see what he's like...feel him out a while longer and if he wants to meet up again, do it. If he doesn't seem to be interested anymore, than forget him. He's a jerk.

3. Virgo

I haven't talked to him since yesterday... I dunno if it's just me imagining it but he doesn't seem as nice as he used to.. I think it's most likely my imagination.. but whenever he comes online next I'm just going to wait for him to IM me... I am so desperate right now. Seriously. I feel so dependent and I just want to burst out in tears if I'm alone for one more day.

4. goratrix

I can almost relate. I handle things differently, and I don't show I'm nervous when I really am. I usualy have oral anxiety (thanks popboy for the term) when I meet someone for the first time. Also I can't shut up, I need to fill evey single second with words. That's when I'm nervous, but I don't usually let it interfere with things... just a first impression.

I don't know many gay guys... actually I only met one that I know for sue is gay (again waves at popboy)... but I have my suspicions about a gew guys... and a friend said he'd introduce me to someone (yeah, I told him I was gay and the next day he was trying to get mi a boyfriend... he's just so sweet... xD)... but that's it, I don't know many gay people, and one of my greatest fears is that I won't act as i'm supposed to, specially if I meet someone with more experience. My greatest flaw is my oversized ego and Pride (yeah, with capital P), and I know I won't be able to tell someone: look, I have no experience, and the thought of them realizing that is scarier than I care to admit.

Anyway, this shouldn't be about me... I just thouth It would be good for you to know that you are not alone out there.

Most of all, universe has a way to balance itself, everything works out in the end if you don't mess up.

You shouldn't worry (and this will sound hypocrit) about not having experience and seeming immature, and specially you shouldn't be ashamed of being jealous... it's completely normal (except for that neurotic jealousy some guys have...).

Just try to look elsewhere... (yeah, that's hyprocrital coming from me, given the fact that I still have a crush on the same guy... obviously i wasn't over it... don't know why I was decieing myself)

5. Aaron

Aaron Guest

All I can say is that people are different in person from their online personas. Don't enter into a meeting with ANY expectations. There is a very good chance that you could meet, and not get along at all.

BUT, that being said, good luck with everything.

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, don't play hard to get. The problem is right in the expression: "play." Dating is not a game and it does neither you nor the person you're interacting with any good to pretend to be less/more <fill in the blank> than you are. It just starts things off on shaky footing. If you are into someone, let them know. If you aren't, ditto. Learn to be honest about your feelings now because you don't want to turn around 10 years later and try to figure out then what's going on inside of you and how to express it.

Second, don't beat yourself up for being inexperienced. All of us have been at one point or another. I don't think it's that common for two people who end up together to have the same amount of experience. If you're serious about the guy, let him know you feel a little out of your league. Yes, that's hard because it requires being vulnerable but any decent relationship requires that kind of vulnerability and personally I think you can tell a lot about someone quite quickly by how they react to your difficult revelations, so it serves two purposes to be honest about stuff like this: a screening process and (hopefully) a bonding process. At the end of the day, you need to be able to talk to someone you're dating about stuff like this.

It was tacky of the guy to mention he was going out on a date with another person. That being said, some people take dating more seriously than others and it's possible in his mind what he said was no big deal. I would definitely fall into your camp of not wanting to know but some people are very "water off a duck's back" about relationships, dating, and life. Basically the only way you can sort out stuff like this is (again) by being willing enough to be vulnerable to say something about it. If you can't figure out a way to bring it up in a non-threatening manner, don't worry: being honest about being hurt about something is one of the very hardest things in life to do, and even with practice and time, it still doesn't always work out so sometimes it pays to work on letting certain things, that aren't patterned repeated behaviour, go.

At this stage, given you haven't met the guy, trying to explain that you felt hurt by him mentioning his other date is probably not worth the emotional effort on your part. But if things get more serious and similar thoughtlessness keeps happening, you'll want to speak up.

One of the hardest things to do, no matter what your experience level is, is to put yourself out there and risk being hurt. At the same time, nothing terribly worthwhile happens in life unless you face this challenge. Waiting for him to contact you might be quite frustrating--maybe it's time to take the initiative and drop him a line?

7. Virgo

Okay.. I took your advice and sent him a message over MySpace. It basically asked "whats up" and was kind of said a couple little things I did lately. I sent this message last night. I checked, and the message status in my sent email section says "read".. but he didn't reply. When we used to send messages he would always reply right away, unless he signed on aim and we would just talk then. Ugh. :frowning2: and like.. today I saw him online, but I wanted to wait for him to IM me because I didn't want to seem clingy... and then.. he ended up going on invisble so it looked like he signed off.. (I have a habit of checking if people really signed off or not, who I want to talk to).. and he never IMed me before he signed off. I haven't talked to him since Saturday. I hope he's not mad @ me. I'm going to ask him if he is next time he is online.. which is when I'll be IMing him hopefully.

But then again if he was mad, why wouldn't he just block me and take me off his friends list? Ugh yet again he leaves me so confused...

8. Virgo

Eww this thread is from like a year ago haha I'm so over that guy.. I didn't even pursue that because I basically think he's a creep and I have a real man now. :slight_smile: Can someone like delete this thread? lol.

9. nisomer

LOL! go paul go!