1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

picking up or playing up?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mugwump, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Mugwump

I went to a lesbian club thingy last night. It was great, heaps of good looking girls etc. I am very shy and don't dance. I was just standing around minding my own business, when this massive, butch, muscly girl came and sexy-danced me up against a wall!! I didn't know what to do. I mean, I kind of enjoy it, to be honest, but in the moment I was just trying my best to escape. My friend said I looked terrified! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face all day today, though.

Anyway, this brings me to some questions. I am rather naiive and inexperienced... I have noticed that in these sorts of clubs, some girls seem to just come on to everyone, even if they have a girlfriend. I am just crap at social stuff and I need some advice. How do you know if someone is actually interested in you, or if they are just having some fun? I am really afraid that I may get the wrong message and/or get taken advantage of. I am looking for a girlfriend, not a casual 'fling'. And what should I do if I am interested in someone? I mean, I am way too scared to initiate conversations with people. Does eye contact do the trick?

Gosh I am tragic...

2. Mind Freak

:slight_smile: how cute! I love naiive (probably because I am too lol)
    Anyway, getting past your shyness a little bit will help; I don't have much advice. But obviously standing around looking pretty works for you so maybe stick with it. Lol

3. Emberstone

one of the reasons I havent gone to a lgbt friendly club/full on gay club.

I feel totally socially inept about me being gay. I have no experince with romance, gay or otherwise. I fear someone might try something with me, and I wont know how to react to such a situation.

4. littledinosaurs

Hmmm
    well from my experience if you make sure the night ends with you each others phone numbers and not sleeping with each other then there is a possibility that they would want something more with you.
    But even if you do sleep with each other they could still want more, i honestly think you have to talk about where you wanna go with someone to know what's gonna happen.

5. macaronicheese

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow, is it really that easy to get picked up?

I really ought to give this a shot.