1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

abusive relationship

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Legnaj, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Follow up to a blog.
    My friend is now in a bi-abusive (they both hit each other) relationship with someone I view as my little sister. He has a ring to propose to her. I hate him for hitting her, I hate her for putting up with it. I'm going to end up being a best man for a wedding I dont agree with. I was thinking of poking my head in and breaking it up between them but part of me says its not my buisness and breaking them up is a douchey move. Everyone I know doesnt believe in their relationship, I being one of them. They are at a point where they need each other finacially. She needs his car, He needs her appartment/money. I promised her to tell her if I didnt approve of her boyfirends but its not the boyfriend I dont approve of, its the relationship and where it's heading. Should I mind my buisness or butt in?

2. Gabriel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It sounds like a really complicated situation, and I feel for you. I'm not sure what you should do, but definitely say something! If you don't, then you'll have to live with the unpleasant consequences. And that's something you really don't want to do.

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Say something now, or you'll be wishing you had later. Even if things don't change, at least let her know how you feel about it. Whether or not they should stay together is up to them, but since you promised her you'd tell her if you ever disapproved then you owe it to her to say something.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I wouldn't mind my own business, but remeber you can't tell people what they don't want to hear. All you can do is tell your friend you're trying to look out for him and that isn't how a healthy relationship should be.