1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No one's there

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Cloud Nine 5, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Cloud Nine 5

It's not news that I'm lonely but sometimes it's just so overwhelming. I want to talk but no one's there, literally. I just have to pass a few more hours till I'm tired and go to bed. Great life.

I could go on days without getting a single phone call, SMS or an IM online. It's just... what the hell am I living for? Im not pointing a gun to my head now but I might as well do that because I was as good as dead this entire summer.

Yeah, the summer when I was supposed to make my big change, so that I would stop going to school and skipping after a class or two because I feel bad. To have a year without a million humiliating private meetings with my teacher and my mother, and in general being treated like a normal 17 year old. Everyone's changing and growing up and doing everything this age but I'm doing nothing. NOTHING. To hell with september.

2. Choucho

I know how you feel. I've had the same kind of summer. The only person that really talks to me often got her internet taken away. u.u
    The only thing I can really suggest, is to find a hobby, something that can at least make you feel like you're being a little bit productive. It may not be easy to find something you enjoy doing where you are, and if you don't have a job (like me) then you may not have a lot of options, but I'm sure there's at least one thing.
    The truth is, absolutely anything could happen at any time. You could get a phone call any minute, and IM any second. Maybe there are some people feeling the same way that you are, waiting for you to send and IM to them or to phone them. You may feel like you're wasting your life, but you've got years and years to make up for all of that. :wink:
    You wonder what you're living for, and I can't really tell you, but I know if you're ever looking for a reason, "tomorrow" is as good of one as any. :slight_smile:

3. Jim1454

I really feel for you - I know you're depressed and having a hard time right now.

But...

Who did you think was going to call, SMS, or IM you?!?!? Why couldn't you call, SMS, or IM someone first?

I'm sure there are volunteer organizations in your city or town that would have LOVED to make use of all your idle time this summer! Visiting the elderly in nursing homes, helping out in your local hospital, doing gardening or yard work for an elderly or disabled neighbour. Helping sort or distribute food at your local food bank. The list could go on and on and on and on and on..........

JUST DO SOMETHING! Its never too late. Even if it takes you right until Labour Day to get out there and do something, do it on Labour Day! It doesn't matter that you've perhaps 'wasted' most of the summer -you can't do anything about that right now. But you do still have 3 weeks - so make the most of those remaining days.

Most of those organizations would have you help out even during the school year - to keep giving your life some purpose, even when you're not having a good time in school.

I'm not sure what else to say.

I likely won't say anything else, because I've tried to provide suggestions in previous threads, and they seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

4. Cloud Nine 5

Chochu, yeah, 3 online friends are all offline and then it makes you see how pathetic the situation is. There is just nothing to do, it's crazy. I started playing the guitar so I guess I found a hobby but all these hobbies (computer, music, etc) are nothing like real connection to people. I honestly don't see it getting better

Waiting for the next day worked for the last 4-5 years, now it just doesn't cut. But who knows, thanks anyway and I hope whatever you have works out too.

Jim, thank you too but what makes you think I didn't try any of the suggestions? I have a profile at the biggest gay personals website where I live and I never get messages because I don't have a pic up, just somtimes and they're weird.

Also I tried to contact some gay youth center, didn't connect with the people at all and I don't like the activies and whatever they have there.

Gay clubs are 18/21+ and I'm 17 with no connection.

There are not many people I can randomly SMS without it being funny, because I'm just not in touch at all with some and it's probably weird for most of you to get that. That's loneliness, not just living without a boyfriend. I did try to get back a good friend I kind of lost touch with the past few months, he was interested too and we went out a few times this month and guess what? He just left for a weekend trip with his friends and I'm not even invited. I'm closer to him (geographically...) than the rest so I guess that when we went out, it was only because he couldn't stay home but when it comes to fun things I'm out of the question. It wouldn't be weird if he invited me, it's weird that he DIDN'T. He actually told me about it face to face but I thought if we went out more he'd ask me.

I don't have much friends at school as it is so how can I even look forward to this year? Not only did I not solve any of my personal problems, there will be no one to talk to or sit by when the school begins. It's horrible.

I don't think that volunteering would help me. I think I need to focus on ME for a while because I need a lot more than that, and besides that kind of stuff is depressing and my life's been way too serious for a 17 year old as it is. An actual job would be good because it would make me lighten up , too bad I can't get job at this point of the summer. I might be able to get one in September but too late...

#4 Cloud Nine 5, Aug 9, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  5. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you want to talk to someone, you can talk to me. My IM addresses are under my name, to the left.

6. c_jayo6

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think you put into words exactly how I've been feeling lately. This has been the suckiest summer for me so far and it doesnt seem to be getting any brighter.I really dont have any advice cuz if I did I wouldnt be agreeing with you. I've buried myself in books for the past year and at first it was fine. But now the loneliness is beginning to creep back. I'll just say that if you ever wanna IM or PM me or whatever I'm always willing to chat. All of my screen names are under my name also.

7. Scoz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah ditto mate message me anytime . my msn is on my profile .

8. Just08

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Cloud Nine 5,
    I really, really know how you are feeling. I went through almost the same thing in middle school and high school. You are not alone in the way you feel. I wish I had known about this website back then...if it existed. I felt like it was hard for me to connect to anyone at my school. I would mostly each lunch alone...I'm really shy, so I never really attempted to get help. I'm still having trouble with friends. It's only been recently that I have been trying to get help. You are already a braver person at 17 than I am right now. You can also AIM me also, its on my profile too.

9. SpikySpice

Well, you se, not only you are lonely, we all feel lonely, but each one of us know what to do to make us feel better

You could fine somethign to do to distract yourself from teh loenlyness, wtach a fun movie, that can make you laugh, do anything to make you feel busy and happy. They say you wont feel lonely when you are busy, because you dont ahev time to think about your loneliness.

I am also lonely but I'm not alone. I just basically dont feel the connection to anyone at school, I'm hanging out with a big group of friends but i rarely talk And PM, or talking to someone does help me alot, but then you'll feel lonely again when they are not there.

And this website si great cuz I can feel warm here, I stay home alone everyday, got no one to talk to, got nothing to do, and feeel really bored, and being bored can make you feel lonely as well

Well, I hoep you'll feel better

-------------

And another thing as I learn from somebody else, soemtimes soem people feel loenly because they want attention from others, but others do pay attention back, but not enough for them, because they are asking to much. So I learn do not expect or ask too much from others, when tehy cnat giev you enough, you'll feel lonnely like no one cares bout you

10. GuitarGirl1350

I know how you feel. I've been lonely alot of the summer, and only one of my friends really stuck with me =/ she's the only one I see. And I've only been talking to 3 or 4 of my school friends because I guess everyone's busy.
    You can message me anytime buddy, PM me for my MSN name or AIM name (I don't think I put them in my post thing.)