1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Died in a dream

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cm25, Nov 1, 2009.

1. cm25

cm25 Guest

ok so is it bad if you die in a dream? because i have had the same dream 2 nights in a row where i got my throat slit open by some random hooded guy at night and its like it changed from me in my body to me watching myself fall to the ground dead, and i just sorta sat there watching my dead body. it was really messed up, anyone know if it is like not good to die in a dream or somethin?

2. thespanishheart

Hey (*hug*)

I don't think it's too screwed up considering last night was Halloween :thumbsup:

Watch any scary movies lately?

3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I die in dreams all the time, it doesn't really bother me. Others have other theories regarding that though....

4. My mom used to tell me that if you dream of yourself falling and you actually hit the ground, you won't wake up.

I've never dreamed of hitting the ground yet, so I've always wondered about that. :lol:

I think it's normal to dream of yourself dying. I dreamed of being stabbed once, and nothing changed or anything.

5. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Yeah. Just the other day I dreamed I was trying to beat Super Mario Bros., but my friend kept beating me to death with a hammer. Then, my friends would resurrect me and I would try again. Hammer beating. Repeat. Not a particularly pleasant dream, mind you. And I wasn't exactly cheerful towards said hammer-wielding friend the next day, but I'm quite confident that I only dreamed it because of stress.

No big deal. Dreams often reflect conscious worries, but there isn't any 'future' predictions to be made in them.

6. Halo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have been excuted in my dream, it was scary. It disturbed me for a while, but then dreams are just interpertation and a freind of mine said that some think you are every character in your own dream, which is weird too, that I would be the excuter and the one being excuted. Either way I think, it's just our unconscious mind reflecting on things around us or the emotional stages that we are at.

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! No worries. As others have mentioned, your worries or things going on in your life can cause some of your dreams. But dreams are dreams and don't correspond to the reality. (*hug*)

I can't count how many times I have died in my dreams or was close to dying.

8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a dream where i could feel myself slowly dying from the effects of a snake bite wound. I really could feel the symptoms... difficulty breathing, excruciating pain around the bite, blurry vision, difficulty using my tongue to talk, and finally slipping into blindness and unconsciousness... I'm fairly sure i didn't die though, i was in an ambulance by the time i passed out.

9. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

Happens to me ALL THE TIME LOL! However, I've always woken up the split second before dying in a dream- so technically, I didn't die so I guess I ain't much help LOL. There is no SOLID proof to say you WILL indeed die if you die in your dream, BUT you could mentally take on an image (dream) of dying if your physical body is dying. Do you understand what I mean? You cannot die in real life if you die in a dream BUT you can die in real life as you sleep and then dream it- say your lungs are failing or something as you sleep, you may mentally imagine you're suffocating or being choked to death or something. Or, you have sudden tightness in your chest as you sleep so you could imagine someone is stomping on your chest in a dream.

BUT you dreamt your throat was slit. To my knowledge there is NO WAY your physical body could slit its own throat as you slept LOL. So, don't worry.

But if you want to get scared here's a little nugget of info for you...in many cultures if you dream something THREE times in a row...(DRAMATIC MUSIC PLAYS: Dun Dun DUN)...it comes true.... you dreamt this dream twice...(LIGHTNING CRASHES!!!) MUHAHAHAHHAHAH...then again, in many cultures homosexuality is bad and we sure as hell know it ain't!...so enjoy life and don't worry about silly things. :slight_smile:

10. Just Adam

i die every night and most of the day when my mind wonders...last night it was a zombie invasion before that car crashes lots of fire...etc...i dunno if its jsut one of them things or mental preperation...i dont care though it comes as second nature now lol.

11. Camman3

Dreamdictionary.com has this to say:

Consider the placew where your death took place. Metaphorically, how does that place have meaning in your conscious life?

Consider what habits, hobbies, people, or general ideas you have recently dismissed from your life and see if they could have "died". I think you'll be surprised with how accurate the above dream symbols are:icon_bigg. If there are more dream symbols that you can remember, look them up at www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary and put the puzzle together =)

12. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    what does it mean if you dream that you perform an underwater breath holding / piano playing stunt while sitting on someone's shoulders? that was mine last night. some of the keys were broken.

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>My mom used to tell me that if you dream of yourself falling and you actually hit the ground, you won't wake up.

I always loved hearing that theory. Because how the HELL are you going to prove that one? :slight_smile:

>>>what does it mean if you dream that you perform an underwater breath holding / piano playing stunt while sitting on someone's shoulders? that was mine last night. some of the keys were broken.

It means you hate your mother.

Although, to be fair, that's how I interpret every dream. "Oh, you dreamed you were having sex with Zac Efron? That means you hate your mother." :slight_smile:

...and you'll note I didn't bring up the Danny DeVito dream again. You're welcome.

Lex

14. fallendream

the danny devito dream made me laugh alot.

15. starfish

Take a step back and think about dreams in general.

Most of our vivid dreams occur during REM sleep. During REM your eyes move rapidly generating some really odd input. This combined with ambient noise, and other sensory inputs generate what appears to be random input without any context.

While processing this input our brain needs context in order to make some sense of it. This context is our daily lives.

That is why we dream about things we know about, love, sex, death, food, cars, TV shows,our feelings, etc. This is also why our dreams can be so damn weird, because they are random patch works of our lives.

Unless the dream occurs frequently over a months or more than I would worry about it. I do have reoccurring dreams and they are usually related to something that is causing me stress. Basically it is about something that I am concerned about or think about a lot but don't allow myself to process. So while I am dreaming is the only time I can.

So I don't think the contents of the dream are significant, but the context can be.

16. cm25

cm25 Guest

k kool, thanks evryone for posting! ya i was afraid i was gunna get stabbed now or something haha. and numfar, the super mario bros thing is just a lil messed up haha its funny though.

17. Just Adam

i died last night... or the night before or both i think it was a super intelligent zombie...laughed as he bit into me and ripped me apart saying how great teh taste was and how hungry... :frowning2:

i seem to die everynight.

18. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    possibly dieing or not dieing in a dream could be?

die in a dream = not scared of death
    while waking up b4 =scared of death but i dunno its just a theory

19. Gaydar

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh god. I've had my own experience with that.

My elementary school was for grades 1-4. Once, when I was in 2nd, I was riding on the bus going home and was talking to some 4th graders ***"OMG!!! 4th graders!!! Aren't they soooooo cool?!?!"*** :lol: Anyway, one of them told me that if you die 10 times while dreaming, you die in real life.

I still have the page where I kept a record.

20. Emberstone

wait... if you dream you fall and hit the ground, you die? how do you test that, cause it is not like the person can tell you; there dead.

urban legend. hit the ground many times in dreams after dreaming I was falling... and I am fairly sure I am still alive.