1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by warrior, Nov 2, 2009.

1. warrior

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How do you get rid of severe depression? Except medicines, psychotherapy, etc - i.e. things that you can do yourself?

2. shorty

Hmm, severe depression usually does require meds and therapy afaik. Excercising is supposed to certainly help. Releases endorphins and other good brain chemicals. Try and stay busy and do something you enjoy. Other than that, I think you need to ask your doctor/counseler. Most of all, hang in there! It will get better! (*hug*)

3. Jim1454

Severe depression? Don't try to do it yourself. If it's severe, get help.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can treat a headache or a mild upset stomach yourself, but you don't want to try setting a broken bone or taking out your pancreas on your own. Similarly, mild depression can be tackled alone, but if it's severe, you're going to want to bring in outside assistance.

Lex

5. LivingInLyric

You should talk to a therapist. I totally understand if you are not ready for medication; I wasn't at first. Healing is a process you take at a pace you are comforable with. However, I do advise that you seek help from a counselor and he or she will help you from there. It helped me; I am now off my medication and I feel much better about myself and my life.

6. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

what is would do or have done for me. is get a small stick and lay on your knees think of what bothers you and what you hate the most about a person or thing\thought and just take the stick and cut the ground and keep doing it to were you feel better. Another thing i like to do is move my body or touch alot of objects and reflect upon them and there tecture. oh whistleing is good too.. or just lay down on your bed and hum a deep tune where you can feel the vibrations with in your chest and think of why we cant live without nature or other things. hope this helps.(*hug*)

7. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

i dont like pills or therapist either.therapist dont know about life in my opinion. In my opinion they only know about manipulation and whats in your head that they think is not normal and try to fix to there standards. You know back then they didnt have therapist we only had great friends to talk to and to recieve comfort.steel sharpens steel like men sharpen men.(*hug*)

8. Connor22

get help, talk to friends or family, basically whoever is good at listening, if there's noone around you can talk to, distract yourself from your feelings, don't suppress them but don't pay attention to them either, watch a funny movie, have a bath, read a good book, little things and really talk, get your feelings out in the open and constantly remind yourself everything is ok, that's what I think anyway, if someone has any better advice or you want to listen to what it is someone else has said, that's fine cus my advice might not be that great, hope your doing ok though, hang in there buddy :slight_smile:

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're young, you might just have to wait. I think if your a teen your chemicals are all haywire. At least, for me, some days I'm ok, other days I feel down. I expect this to go away when I get older. lol, I hope I'm not wrong! =o Find out why you are depressed, and fix it! Or try to accept things you can't change. If it were easy to get past depression, doctors and medicine wouldn't exist, and nobody would be depressed. ;(

Also as people mentioned, excersize and doing things you enjoy will really help! :slight_smile: If you get a hobby or something you can really get into, or keep yourself busy with something, that can really help. Taking care of yourself can help too. Pampering yourself if your feeling down - take a nice bath and relax or something.

If you wanna talk about it w/ me if you need someone to talk to, I'm open to that. :]

#9 Austin, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010