1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to tell her how I feel.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Katherine, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    So there's this girl. She and I are good friends. Six months ago she and I dated a tiny bit, but I ended up rejecting her in the end because I was self-conscious and terrified of where it might go.

Well, guess what happened after that?

I realized I was in love with her. I mean really in love with her. I mean, I'm freaking I-think-about-her-every-five-seconds-and-can't-stand-the-thought-of-anything-ever-happening-to-her in love with her. I've never felt this way about anyone before, and I'm pretty much going through the typical emotional train wreck of this whole first love thing. I'm sure you guys know the deal.

Well, I've gotten to the point where I really want to tell her how I feel about her. She and I have become closer than ever lately (friendship wise), so I know she likes me at least platonically. I know I won't be able to tell her in person--I'm barely socially talented enough to carry on casual conversation--so I'm thinking I want to write her a note or something like that. The thing is, I don't know what to write. I want to tell her in a way that will make it clear that I'm serious about how I feel about her, but I also really want to make it as non-threatening to our friendship as possible. In other words, I don't want things to end up being really awkward if she doesn't like me back, or to scare her off or anything.

Jeez, this is so weird. All these feelings are completely and totally new to me, so I could use some advice. Anyone know how I could tell her my true feelings without completely ruining our friendship if she doesn't feel the same way? I just can't stand it anymore.

2. Jim1454

I think you could probably tell her almost exactly what you've just told us. Be honest and tell her how you feel - the good feelings and the fearful ones. Honesty really is the best policy, and keeping it simple is also a wise thing to do.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm with Jim. You already got those "I have to tell this person I like them" jitters out of the way, now just go and tell her you made a boo boo.