1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hate having to make excuses/ lie

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by drake86, Nov 2, 2009.

1. drake86

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For some reason it is really starting to bother me having to make excuses as to why I dont hookup with girls who want to get with me. I have just moved to a new city and people straight up ask me why dont you hook up with her she has told me she likes you. Or that girl thinks your cute you should go after that. I am sick of having to make excuses because in the end they are almost always bad and I think many of the people I know must be question whether I am gay or not.

2. RaRa

If you just moved to a new city, why don't you just start being honest by saying you're gay? Unless word can somehow get around to someone you don't want to know...

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What, right now, is stopping you from coming out? If it's not an option at the moment for any reason, "she's not my type" is an all-purpose excuse that you don't really need to explain, or "I'm just not feeling it for her".

4. justinishere

Maddy makes a good point. Those are all good choices to say, or simply "I'm not into that sort of thing". Moving to a new city has shown me that it is easier to start fresh with certain people and that your straight up about who you are in the beginning. Makes strong friendships :slight_smile: