1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Scoz, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Scoz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey is it possible to really like someone just because that's what you want in your life , or do you think that all feeling's have a reason . I mean i really want a boyfriend and ive been talking with someone that i cant stop thinking about , we do have things in common and i know he likes talking to me . How do you know if someone is ready or even if I am for that matter ? Do you think that if you think their not your probably right ?

2. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can tell him what you want out of life. maybe he will agree that he wants the same things. if there is agreement then perhaps you can tell him that you would like to give it a try with him.

all feelings have a reason. if the feelings match with what kind of a set up you want - then all the better.

trust your judgement. if you not being negative that is. trust what you know. but is you not sure, then have to check further.

3. Scoz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah ur right i have feelings for a reason i just have to workout if im ready to allow myself to be hurt or not , i dont know. I suppose thats the scary thing , this may not work out the way i want it to, but maybe it will. I have to be prepared for both outcomes.

4. SpikySpice

Well, Scoz, one important thing to remember is you rather to approach A relationship mentaly, not emotionaly, because those emotions will drive you to the wrong path, or you cant control cuz youself is overwhelm with those emotion

That's why you were born with your head above your heart.Your brain is mental, and yoru heart is emotional. I know it's hard but you have to think carefully and make the rigth move. Trust your heart, but also use your brain, or you'll get hurt

You see, in a relationship, you need to make sure that you can surviev and you can keep that relationsgip survive. Some people are just like" I wanna be with you so bad ", or like" I dont care babe, as long as we are together". Well, being together is not enough, but they gotta think about others things as well

So dont be too easy or dont be to hard, use your brain and trust your heart:slight_smile:

5. Just08

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Scoz, I'm actually having the same issue right now. Couple of weeks ago I couldn't stop thinking about a guy who I enjoyed talking to and being around. The problem is that I can't tell if I really have feeling for him or just the way that he makes me about myself. I've been cautious about my feelings so far. I've been trying to understand my own emotions. I tried writing out my feeling to better understand them, you might want to try it also. I have also kept myself busy to keep my mind on other things.

6. Scoz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey guys thanks for the response , its true i have to think about what im feeling and not just feel it blindly. I think maybe i am ready but i dont think he is, if he was i dont think id be confused. it has happened so fast and that is what is weird about it. i think i just really want someone special , and even though he is special . maybe he's not the one for me.

7. SpikySpice

Well, how long have you gusy been talking to each others. You know, sometimes it'll take a long time for a friendship to becoem a relationship, and the key is patient hand hope,sometimes people miss the good moment cuz they are impatient

BUT,u r 26, so you know what to do, dont take him for granted, if you still like him, and think he's not ready, give him some time