1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a tiny little bit creeped out.. or am i paranoid/overanalysing?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GoBabyGoGo, Nov 6, 2009.

1. GoBabyGoGo

Background:
    The email address of D was passed on to me from N, a guy who who lives in my area and i contacted on a sort of dating site. N was only interested in sex, and i never got to know him at all or meet him in person. He suddenly lost interest in me and never came on msn again, but said to me that D would be really keen to meet me.

D came on msn and i talked to him. We got on really well. He seemed like a really nice, caring, sensible, honest and intelligent guy. We discussed gay stereotyping, the lack of any support groups in the area, and he agreed with me that he could not understand how so many gay guys, like N, could be only interested in sex rather than any sort of meaningful relationship.

He eventually told me that he was much older than me and N. He never told me exactly how old, he just said he was older than 26. I said that’s cool, and I’d just like to be friends. He said we’ll prob run into each other at the local pub or something and we could have a chat in person. Didn’t organise anything specific.

Any reason for suspicion:
    - He sent me some photos of him. Only one of them showed his face at all clearly. The other three showed his bulging muscles on his chest and arms, and there was also a side view pic of him pulling back his shirt with no pants on to show a little bit of his arse and a tiny bit of his penis. Why would he send me this?

- I went to a public toilet in the area, and noticed in one of the cubicles his email address written on the wall. I asked him about it and he said he wrote that when he was really young and horny. He said he went to one of the local gay ‘beats’ once, but there were just a lot of old guys so he stayed in the car. He told me he’s pretty much a virgin and only had oral a couple of times.

- He added me as a friend on facebook after not having contacted me for about 4 months. He said he was looking for another of his friends at my school, and he saw me and added me. He also said that every time he goes through the town i live in, he looks out for me and always wonders what i am doing. Does this seem a bit much after only talking to him for 2 hours on msn, and exchanging about 6 short emails? We did get on quite well i guess..

- I looked at his photos on facebook. There were the same ones he sent me, even the one showing part of his arse and dick. There were also a couple of photos of other guys... well, his friends i guess, lol, but one of them was in his undies, showing his bulge and a little bit of pubic hair... but there were also lots of other normal sort of photos.. but..

- I looked at his recent activity on facebook. Hes been using the ‘are you interested’ application and ‘meeting people’ application a hell of a lot!! Just about the only thing he does on there. Also, a few of his friends profiles have shirtless pics.. idk maybe thats just normal, hah just not something i would do. Okay, that point seemed really lame. He does not have his ‘interested in’ filled out, but he did tell me that he wasn’t completely out.

- Also, just the circumstances by which i recieved his email from N.

What do you think?

2. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    N = D (probably)

And no, you're not overanalyzing it. If you want to see over analysis, see my thread on Celibacy.

Yeah, if you think that the situation is unsafe, uncomfortable, or not conducive to your moral code, feel free to disengage, block, and avoid this person. N/D.I do suspect they are the same person though.

3. paco

paco Guest

yeah he sounds a bit sketchy. its not overanalyzing, its gathering information to make sure you're not going to get yourself into trouble. i say since it's the internet, you better not have any qualms at all if you're going to plan on actually meeting him. and you don't need to give him the benefit of the doubt, its about safety.

4. Brad

If you are ever unsure or suspicious of someone you meet online then i suggest avoiding them. Blocking their e-mails blocking them on MSN etc. Yes you may be reading into nothing but you have nothing to lose by being overly cautious which is something that should always be practiced when meeting people online.

5. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with everybody above,it doesn't hurt to be cautious.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in agreement. High likelihood that D=N. Higher likelihood that D is substantially older than 26, and stalks younger guys.

The way the whole thing came about sounds suspicious; this is a pretty standard way of operating for some of the creepier older guys who prey on younger ones. Additionally, given the situation you've described (the guy focusing on hookups, pics that are both a little revealing and don't show his face, stalkerish behavior) this does NOT sound like a situation I would want to get anywhere near.

I'd suggest avoiding contact, blocking him, etc., but if you decide you do want to meet in spite of the warning signs, make sure you do so in a public place, take a friend, and plan it for a very short (15 or 20 minute) meeting with some other thing you have to go to afterwards, just to give you an out.

7. x2x2x2x2y2

D=N. Oh and E=MC2. =)

8. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sounds like a man whore

But nothing more based on this

9. CrimsonThunder

Yeah you have reason to be suspicious. He sounds to me like hes lying a bit.

He wrote his email in a toilet when he was "young and horny" and hes now over 26 but its still there? And hes still got the same email? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. GoBabyGoGo

damn i really dont know now... ive been talking to him again.. he seems really nice.

we were talking about philosophy among other stuff.

and he had a different email on his facebook contact thing, which was interesting..

i did ask him why he had that picture of him on facebook with his 'side' and a tiny bit extra. he said he had to give profile shots to someone showing his muscle definition, and a tiny bit of his member got in the shot. he said he just left it because we are all the same pretty much without clothes and there is too much emphasis in society on what is socially 'correct'. hmm...

and i think its unlikely d=n.. i did see n on webcam, my age etc.. and ive seen all of d's photos on facebook, and they look about 26yo. theres enough to make me think they are both real people..

and i really dont think theres 'stalkerish' behaviour.. *sigh* i just really dont know

hes never suggested that i go alone and meet him or anything.. just that ill run into him at the pub, a public place, when hes with his friends and im with mine

11. x2x2x2x2y2

Well then maybe just keep talking like u have now. If it gets weirder I would stop though. IMHO. =)