1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home sick

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 71390S, Nov 6, 2009.

1. 71390S

71390S Guest

I am realleh far away from wisconsin (SF bay area), and sometimes I get really homesick for my mom :frowning2:. She came out to visit a few weeks ago with my uncle and when she left I cried so hard, LOL. To keep myself from getting homesick I surround myself with friends or I spend the weekend at my boyfriends apartment. I'd really like to not feel homesick when I'm by myself though. thanks :slight_smile:

2. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    You could sticky-tape pictures of your family to stuffed animals and talk to them?

... or you could go on doing what you're doing which seems to be the healthiest way to cope.

3. paco

paco Guest

surrounding yourself with activity is definitely the best way to go about things. some psychologist came to tell us that last year when we first moved to college.

for down time..well, that may be something you have to get used to :/ most people feel it when they first move away, one of my best friends got really homesick for the first couple months of college and was about to come home but i told her to wait a bit and 3 months later she said she was having the best time of her life.

4. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a felloew Wisconsinite,I feel for you.
    Just keep your mind busy with many activities you like to do.

5. NJCentralGary

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You should always have a trip planned, you go home, family visits you...this way you always have something to look forward to. :slight_smile: