1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOS! for my BEST friend.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Michiyo, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Michiyo

Michiyo Guest

Ok, me and my best friend have a connection that most ppl don't have we finish each other's sentences. Before we met we both need someone like each other in our lives. If i wasn't for her i wouldn't be hear and if it wasn't for me she wouldn't be here. I love her deeply[as a friend] i allready dedicated my life to my friends so i'm looking for help for her. She is a hidding bisexual and has very homophobic parents. She had tried to ask someone out before but had a serious problem about what people would think of her and if her parents knew. so she ended up tacking back the offer and breaking another girls heart. she regrets that choice. and forthe rest of the year she was in denial and i knew that from our strong realationship. After a while she dated a guy she really didn't like and was pressured into going out with him. but now she is attracted to the girl who's heart she broke earlier. that girl still hasn't forgived her for that and tries hard to not flirt with her. Then after i had talked to her about it the morning after she had a conversation with her dad about a homosexual boy. after that conversation ,wich didn't turn out so well, she decided not to ever come out to her family because all her family is homophobic and tried to explain to her they would never leave you becuase that's their daughter. she still can't do it .

i need help for her i tried and i need more help helpping her

for her sake.:icon_sad:

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    There is some information on the PFLAG National website about bisexuality. Maybe she could give this to her parents. Otherwise, she may have to just keep quiet about it for awhile longer until she's a little older. It's great she can talk to you about it. That is really important.

3. Michiyo

Michiyo Guest

ok i'll tell her about PFLAG

thanks for that i didn't know what to do =\

4. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i hate to say it but sometimes coming out is a bad idea. if her family is very homophobic it might be best for to wait until she can support herself before she comes out

5. Bryan

Hi-
    I am in the process of coming out to parents, it is no easy task, believe me, particulary when they have no idea or are homophobic. I know I have posted this befor here, so please excuse me if you have seen this. Before I came out to my parents, I called the GLBT help hotline, and they really helped, they also helped by best friend, who is bi. Anyway, try this, they really help,

Toll-free 1-888-THE-GLNH (1-888-843-4564)

HOURS:

Monday thru Friday from 1pm to 9pm, Pacific Time
    Saturday from 9am to 2pm, Pacific Time

(Monday thru Friday from 4pm to midnight, Eastern Time
    Saturday from Noon to 5pm, Eastern Time)
    -Bryan