1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend trouble(?)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by -Michael-, Nov 7, 2009.

1. -Michael-

Okay long story short i think my boyfriend likes me for looking like me rather than me for being me.

It's either this or he just completely does not appreciate the the things I do.

He says i text him all the time and has claimed that i'm annoying or albeit clingy.

Seriously, last night we had a conversation through text.
    And last week i hadn't seen him all week so i asked how he was doing, told him i missed and that i hope he's okay and having fun

One text in a week.
    (he never texts me - i'm not bothered but it's just a little thing i'd like to point out)

NOW he says things like, how much he finds me attractive and stuff
    but he says he rarely talks to me because he doesn't have much to say.
    which makes me think he either doesn't think we have anything in common
    he simply doesn't want to tell me
    or i have him all wrong and he's just boring

this been said he is talkative, and when we're just lying together being quiet, not much is needed to be said.

I find myself wondering round in circles thinking about this, we've been going out 2 months and i do like him a lot (no love yet) and I would seriously be bummed out if he broke up with me.

But i'm thinking, is he just staying with me because it's his first gay relationship or is it jut something i have to live with because it's the way he is and there's nothing more to it.

Living with it i have no problem with, i like him exactly how he is, but when he says i'm too clingy or he says we have nothing to talk about it really makes me feel unappreciated (i do a LOT for him; like i've a changed myself and stop doing what i like when i like because he doesn't like it-(not as bad as it sounds)) and quite frankly it makes me feel like shit having a boyfriend who thinks he can't talk to me about anything and everything.

I do hope i'm being paranoid and i'm just worried because i don't want to lose someone i like.

Opinions?

2. x2x2x2x2y2

I think he's just not completely comfortable yet with telling you stuff. And about the texting, I hate texting cuz I am boring. I get nervous and don't know what to text. Maybe he's like me. And like you said this is his first gay relationship, so that must be hard.

3. xequar

You like him, but there's no spark after two months? And you have no indications that there's going to be a spark from him?

It's time to sit down with him and have a serious conversation.

You need to figure out what each others' expectations are. Figure out how much you both think you should talk/text/communicate with each other. Figure out what you each want out of the relationship.

If you can't get past the basics of conversation and can't carry a conversation, then really, all it is at that point is the physical contact. Sure, it feels nice to cuddle with someone, but is that enough for you?

I would wager that it is not.

Converse with him. Communication is the key to any relationship, and if you can't communicate, it's doomed. Converse with him about the texting and how much you converse and all of that.

And if nothing changes, you might need to dump him and move on.

4. -Michael-

I hate when people are right ¬_¬

5. -Michael-

thanks btw

6. xequar

Of course. Good luck!

7. -Michael-

Okay...

So he told me he loves me.

And within the space of one day has completely changed.

I guess we'll see

8. Darkwing65

Honestly bro listen to your heart, it knows the truth but usually doesn't want to admit it.

9. xequar

Hmmm...

It's worth seeing what happens for a bit. But, it seems like he's less interested in you and more interested in not losing you (if that makes any sense).

Let it ride out and see what happens...

10. Just Adam

that makes perfect sense not careing about the person but jsut wanting someone there....

6makes all too much sense to me

11. -Michael-

My heart says don't lose him

because i'll never find someone as understanding of me as him.

And i seriously don't think i will.

I have a lot of....lets call them flaws. And whenever i tell him one (and there was a BIG one) he was just like 'makes you who you are, so i'm happy'

12. Just Adam

perhaps it is just cos hes new to this and not sure how to react...to a relationship just give it time

that is a really nice thing to say so yea i see the attraction to that lol

if all could be so lucky

you would find someone else but dont give up yet ;0 u say hes changed see how it plays out :wink:

good luck :slight_smile: