1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fears of dating a bisexual guy?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justinishere, Nov 8, 2009.

1. justinishere

I mean no offense when I say this at all! So please do not take it offensive because it wasn't supposed to be :slight_smile:

Lately when I have been talking to my friend and we talked about how everyone in the world would be at least bisexual. It caused me to start thinking about the fact that when you are bisexual you have more... I don't know how to put it but more "options".

The fear that I am having is that if I were to date a bi-guy what if one day he would say I don't want to be dating a guy anymore and wants the normal life of having a wife and kids. Or he doesn't want to face the discrimination or harassment about being gay? Does anyone else think about that?

All opinions are welcome! :slight_smile: Thank you!

2. Just Adam

i fear that everyday about anyone and any relationship ...that one day they could say ive found someone better or i want a woman instead.....

i guess all you can do is believe that they do love you and... they prob feel teh same as you do and worry taht any day you might leave them.

its quite sad really :frowning2:

3. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If a bi guy willing to date you I think there's a fair chance he won't do that.... but I can't guarantee that since if I was bi. And I had all the same reaction for women like I do for men then I would probably go out with women more than men because of their availability.

Gay alone I don't really do, then with option of being bi then I'll go with women.

I'm speaking for myself.

But I wouldn't assume this for bi people... But think about it, there's a lot of pressure to be gay, and then if you have the choice to be "normal" what would any normal person do? Be straight, and maybe experiment here and there.

Tila Tequila and Lindsay Lohan for life.

#3 Jack2009, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  4. Greggers

Here is a great post from Jarrett on the subject of common "fears" or "myths" about bisexuality:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26224

Let me add something...

Just because you can do something (I.E: Bisexual person swing for either team and/or hide there same sex attractions) - does not mean they are going to. 'Just because they can' is not enough of a reason to fear it. I could do ALOT of things too, but i dont :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Because i know better. Look at it this way: You fall in love with the person, not there sexuality. If you fall in love with a bisexual, id hope you judge them on who they are in every aspect of there life before jumping to rash conclusions based on a single fact. If someone chooses to repress there sexuality or cheat on you they will do that, Bi OR Gay. Its not really a legitimate fear, IMHO. Just too many other factors.

5. Just Adam

i agree..these are what we call irrational fears children XD

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Yeah Jarrett did a great job explaining it. It sounds to me like it stems from the fear that because bisexuals also like the opposite gender we would much rather have the "heterosexual privilege" as it's often called and we would rather be in straight relationship than try to be in a same sex one. But as I'm sure has been said a thousand times you can't choose who you're attracted to. We can't turn our attraction on and off anymore than anyone else can.

7. Just Adam

i can kind of get rid of my feelings ...but i wont go into tits long and extremelly deepressing :slight_smile:

8. x2x2x2x2y2

I too have thought about this. Idk though. I doubt it would happen but as always it's possible.

9. Shevanel

And a man may cheat on you with another man. Or a woman with another man. Or a woman with another woman. Or a man with another man. Statistically, Us Bisexuals probably have the odds against us when it comes to being cheated on. But that doesn't matter =P

But. It's not about sexuality, This has already been said in this thread multiple times probably, and especially with the link to Jarrett's thread.

But. I will reiterate. It's not about the sexuality of the person in question. If they cheat. They will cheat. On whom, it does not matter. With whom, it does not matter. They are cheating nonetheless.

10. Just Adam

(*hug*)

11. paco

paco Guest

well said.

when you get down to it, if someone leaves you for someone else, will it really hurt less if they leave you for someone of the same sex? either way, that would suck. it depends on the person, not their sexuality, bi's arent the only ones that cheat; gay people and straight people do too.

12. Just Adam

the thign is its basic human nature...not cheating as such but thats jsut a nem for it...human species are one of consumers allways wanting more and some are unable to control themselves and want more than what they got and betray the feelings of themselves and others.

its funny the attraction to wanting what you cant have aswell... funny life weird species.

13. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

i feel that we are creatures that are endangered and will extinct some day ,, bit sad to hear :frowning2:

14. Just Adam

nah... we are a plauge ...think insecticons on transformers G1 but... there are those that have adapted and moved beyond the basic needs of consumption....

so we arent doomed .... i think over the long run our numbers will go down unless we evolve not physically but in our heads...

humans wont evolve physically till we come across environmental changes that we need time to adapt to us so will adapt to it over time instead or to a degree..but i domnt think that will happen untill we move to the stars, so a way off yet :slight_smile:

15. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if i am committed to someone, i am committed to someone. i have never been committed to a man and find it more likely i will end up committed to a woman, but if it were to happen i would be as 100% faithful to a man as i would be to a woman.

I despise cheating and cheaters. it's just part of who i am.

as for this...
    i don't let society dictate for me who i may or may not be with. i'm the type to stick my finger up at those who would judge me for my orientation. I'm not going to take the easy path just to make people whose opinoins i don't care about more comfortable. That's just me though.

16. littledinosaurs

=) you've already been linked to my thread about Bisexuality, so i guess i don't need to say anything more.

I hope that this fear goes away after this =)

17. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Dating (Well he's my BF, rather long and weird story!) was a bi guy and now he's gay! :grin: Can I turn them like that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. haelmarie

I find bisexuality hot, in general.

If someone's open their sexuality they're probably going to be more open with other things in their life, which I welcome.

19. GoBabyGoGo

yep i agree it totally depends on the person. if they are the cheating type, they will cheat, regardless of sexuality.

20. coreyjazz23

As its been said, people cheat. And though I identify as gay, for the most part, I am bisexual in some ways, and I believe we get the short end of the stick. People just assume we will cheat, rather than be cheated on. But because our partners fear that we'll cheat on them, they seek out others who they don't think will cheat, so in a crazy way, being bisexual leads to be cheated on more often. Oh the irony.