1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Becoming a jerk

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by x2x2x2x2y2, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x2x2x2x2y2

I know this is gonna sound really crazy but I kinda wanna become a jerk. Ok so here's my story: when I was younger i was a spoiled brat. Now that I'm older, I've dropped the brat part but I must admit I am a bit spoiled. Lol well since I was a jerk before, my sisters and best friend treat me like I still am. I'm not the best person in the world but I do think I have a good personality. I'm nice and giving and never say anything mean. If anything I'm way too forgiving and nice sometimes. They've burned me and I've just grinned and bared it. Well I hate how they treat me this way. It makes me feel like I should be a jerk. They expect it, so why not rule it? I know it's not right but if they think of me this way, why not? I'm tired of being nice and getting stepped on. What do you think?

2. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    So it's sort of a revenge tactic? If so:
    Will it make you feel good? Yes.
    Will it work in the long run? No.
    Or, you could try and rise above it(depending on the situation). And that will leave you in the high ground and as the better of the lot of you.

3. Just Adam

theres a better option to beeing a jerk... just be nothign to them really...have nothign to do with them just blank them like tehy dont exist it hurts alot more...if you act like a jerk your justifying what they do to you and giving them reasoning and incentive to do it more...

just ignore them... your a better person now and they are teh jerks for wha tits worth but beeing cold is the better way...

some will say show them you arent and be really goody goody but once people have made a decision that what you are and you wont ever change tehn they wont see you as you are now they will only see what they want..so i say jsut becoem nothign to them ... ignore your sisters and get new friends...

(*hug*)

4. ^This.

It might feel good to take back that control around your sister and friends, but what happens when you start dating? You plan on suddenly flipping on the nice guy switch again? It doesn't work that way, and for me, there is nothing more unattractive than a guy who's a jerk just because he can be.

Being a nice guy is an amazing quality to have and extremely rare these days. Hang onto it. Don't throw it away because some people are taking advantage of it.

5. x2x2x2x2y2

Well I rarely talk to my sister unless they want something. As for my best friend...well let's just say he won't go away. He's my moms bfs son. Lol So I can ignore him, but I will still have to see him everyday. =P

6. x2x2x2x2y2

I HATE jerks too but it just seems more logical right now. I feel as though they've flipped the switch and I was still there for them so why can't it work for me?

7. x2x2x2x2y2

The way I think about it: I'm practically alone already, if I lose them by becoming a jerk will I really be losing anything?

8. Will you be gaining anything? That's the bigger question.

Being a nice guy will pay off one day. You'll see. :slight_smile:

9. x2x2x2x2y2

I've always thought this but it hasn't and I'm tired of waiting. The good guys always lose.

10. x2x2x2x2y2

Maybe I won't gain anything but I won't be used anymore.

11. No they don't.

I don't think anything is wrong with you, but instead of working on your personality, work on your patience. It'll help you deal with your future, and it'll help you tolerate the cruel jokes your sister and friends say about you.

12. x2x2x2x2y2

Idk I'm just tired if waiting. I feel like they do whatever they want and it works for them, so why not me? Why am I the one stuck at home babysitting my sisters kids while she goes outs and parties? Why am I the one texting my friend when he has a problem that's miniscule, yet my big problems mean nothing to him? Why do I have to stop what I'm doing whenever my sisters bf wants me to look up something on the Internet? I'm tired of just being used. I hope I will get new and better friends when I start college classes in January.

13. 71390S

71390S Guest

Why do you want to spend so much time and energy making someone else miserable. Think about how you could use that time, energy, and creativity to better yourself. And usually, the people who frustrate you do not care what you think about them. Giant, giant waste of your time.

14. x2x2x2x2y2

I guess your right. I just don't know how to better myself. How does someone do that?

15. Camman3

You search yourself - dig deep and find out what you don't like about yourself (NOT what other's don't like about you) and then set short and long term goals for youself. Sit down in a quiet moment and write down on a piece of paper what type of personality, body figure, health, friends, relationships etc you want within the next year. Work on everything slowly but surely.

I realised at 14 that I was nothing like the person I wanted to be. Now I'm 17 and a half, cleared up many issues (realised gay, came out, made the RIGHT friends, gym regularly, eat more healthily, had braces, used teeth whitener etc etc) and it really helped me. At 14 I just outlined everything I wanted to change and worked on everythin slowly. I really like who I am today, but keep working at things like taking care of my skin (no teenager wants acne), gymming so I can stay fit and healthy (and a better-looking body never hurt), and the like. It takes years to become whoever you want to be, and your perception of who you want to be can change over the years, so long as you work towards it!

If you need more help with this feel free to write on my wall :slight_smile:(I see you're not a full member yet, but I can still send you private messages, I think).

16. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's safer to practice being the best you can be every day, that way when the day comes around that you'll need it, it will be second nature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.