1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So there's this girl... how original.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xballetxbeautyx, Nov 10, 2009.

1. I barely know her. I do know that she's a lesbian, likes Marilyn Manson, and is a junior. I'm a freshman. I've been acquainted (not even great friends) with her since last January, and it's been off and on. We'll have some really great conversations, not speak for a few months, and it will start all over again. And I hate admitting that I want more.

She's just so fucking adorable in a badass sort of way. Like she dresses and sometimes acts like a boy, doesn't seem to care what anyone thinks, and leads counter-protests against Fred Phelps on a regular basis. But in all of the relationships she's been in since I've known her, she's been really sweet with her girlfriends. She's completely open and nice to me- even when I bug her about random things. And she has the most astounding and potentially hilarious case of ADD I've ever seen (not that ADD is necessarily funny, but when you're talking to her, it always is). I normally wouldn't even consider her physically- she's so far from my 'type'- but every time I walk away from a conversation with her, I can't stop grinning like an idiot.

The way I see it, she's a little bit of a player. An old teacher of mine (who somehow gets all the gossip and is more of a friend than a teacher to most kids) has told me that I should start 'working my charm' and she'll respond. That if I subtly let her know that I'm interested, she'll snap up the bait because she 'likes to experiment'. Considering what he's told me, what I know from talking to her, and the number of gay people in our school, I'm pretty sure something will happen at some point. But I don't know what I want to happen.

I completely understand, because of her character, that I couldn't expect a lifelong thing. But is she too old? Should I not even try? I just... I really, really want this. She's a horrible influence but she's great. If you do think it's a good idea, how do I go about letting her know I'm interested? I really don't know how to flirt.

^^See what she makes me do? She makes me babble. :bang:

((PS: I think it needs to be added that she does currently have a girlfriend, and in no way do I want to break them up. I'm willing to wait, and if they don't ever break up, then they don't break up and that's fine. But I guess I'm asking what should I do in the meantime and then, if they do break up, what then? Ugh, I sound like a bad person now. I really don't want to mess up her relationship!))

2. Jim1454

If she already has a girlfriend, then I don't think there's any reason for you to do anything. It sounds like you already talk to her once in a while. You can certainly let her know that you'd like to help her out in any activities she plans in the future.

You might want to see about making yourself available to others that aren't already in a relationship. Being hung up on someone that isn't available is making your life unnecessarily uncomfortable.

3. Idunnohereitis

oh wow. you like her dontcha know a lot? lol.. hmm wow well right now shes taken. but thats the kinda Deep like you dont shrugg off easily. Yea Jim is right though.. you either tell her somehow, how you feel, and see waht happens or... you go for somebody else. and you are lucky to belong to such a diverse school, and have realistic and supportive surroundings, even your teacher. Well.. form what you said about your school... there are other ppl there. So i would test water with somebdy else. But its funny sometimes how things happen to keep bringing you back around to somebdy you care about.

I'd say go hippie. Go with the flow. Dont worry so much.
    I hope you find a chance with that person or find somebody of equal or better interest.

4. RaeofLite

Flirting with a female is easy. Having them 'realize' you're flirting if they don't know you or have never been flirted with a female before is hard.

Some ways: brushing her shoulder, or giving her a hug every time you see her (assuming you've talked to her a couple times), touching her arm when you talk to her, leaning against her, smiling, laughing around her, telling her jokes, asking her out for coffee, doing a sly/shy smile... Some ways.

Good luck!