1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just don't give a damn anymore.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by starfish, Nov 12, 2009.

1. starfish

I don't quite know what the point of this thread is. I think I just want to talk.

The past 2 years have been very difficult for me. I think I've mentioned a lot of the stuff here over time.

I used to love my job but that has gone to hell. In fact it is the major source of my problems lately. I don't want to go into details. I'm really divided. I love the work it self, but I just can not take the people and politics any more.

I used to care about things. I used to have an opinion on politics and I care about the way our country is ran.

I used to enjoy going out and spending time with people and doing new things. I am so spent from the week I just don't have the mental energy to do it any more.

I really wish that I had a boyfriend or at least someone close that I could spend some time with. Again I just don't have the energy.

I'm exhausted and I just don't have any more fight left in me.

2. biisme

If you love the work, but not the people, is it posible for you to get a similiar job, but at a different location?

It sounds like you might need a vacation. You seem burned out, like you need to rejuvinate yourself. Do you have any foreseeable time off of work anytime soon?

3. starfish

Yeah I'm taking the week of thanksgiving off.

I working in IT so I could find another job with the skills I have. My current position is rather unique in that it has a diversified set of responsibilities. I could find another job like it, just would take a while.

I think the big thing here is that I just need to figure out where I want to go next. I am really interested in going out into the field and working directly with customers. My concern there is that dealing with people is very stressful for me. So I'm not too sure how I would hold up to it.

Of course making decisions when you are stressed and burned out is rarely a good think. The only I know doe sure right now is that I am tired of feeling like this.

4. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am extremely bitter right now as well. 11 months with a fucking worthless overpriced degree and no fucking job. It's hard for me to get excited about hanging around with friends when they have jobs and I don't. 6 years of my fucking life GONE! Tens of thousands of my dollars GONE! Nothing to show for it!

Sorry. Wish I could help :/

Oh how cute. You seem to think the world is just overflowing with people tripping over each other looking to hire you.

5. Dare2bProud

Hey Starfish! I have been feeling the same exact way for some time. I'm just burned out living on my own and by myself. No one to come home to. I have a lot of good friends, I go out with them but its not the same as if you were going with someone that you have an emotional and sexual connection with. I went to school for five years and now I work front desk at a hotel, by the end of paying rent I only had a few $$ left in my account. I have good parents who sent me money to help me get buy until next pay day, but I than ended up with a flat $0 in my account by this past Wednesday. Good thing I got paid today!! Its just so annoying seeing other friends who are being really successful and me who is still struggling ... but than I am a starving artist after all, so I guess its fitting. Yeah, my energy is all shot too ... sometimes I don't feel like cleaning house, going out, or anything. All I want to do is sleep. Its frustrating, but I am making minor changes in my life (working out ... etc ... ) to make myself feel good about "me". It just takes time, I suppose.

6. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
  7. biisme

Please don't be condescending to me.

I never presumed, nor stated, that finding said job would be easy.

8. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

She was simply asking a question; no need for rudeness.

9. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

I think you need a vacay or at least a road trip. It sounds like life is pulling you down because its decided to pull on you and you know what. Life is horrible like that. It picks one person and turns their life into the collar of an overtreched shirt a little kids keeps pulling on their mother becuase they feel like it. The "Mommy, mommy, mommy..." effect. I'm not posting this to be funny but when times get hard and your feeling down...joy ride. Try it, you might just like it. I'll let the killers explain:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3s8Aympo-4[/YOUTUBE]

Hope things get better. (*hug*)

#9 Legnaj, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2009