1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing feelings for someone...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Camman3, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Camman3

Is it possible to REALLY REALLY like someone, care for them a hell of a lot (more than friends - like you do get urges to kiss them, cuddle etc), and you want to be committed to them... but you don't want sex with that guy/gal?

Not necessarily DON'T want it, just... neutral about it... just not very sexual about someone... How the hell can this be happening?!?!?!:tantrum: It's very confusing... :frowning2:

Edit: Oh yeah... we've been friends for over a year and these feelings developed (from both sides) recently... On top of that, he lives far away and goes to a different school. We keep in contact through facebook and another IM program for cellphones - so basically I don't get to see him all that often and a LDR... I can't see it happening.:confused:

#1 Camman3, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  2. Just Adam

anythign can be possible... you can have love with out sex so why not love and affection

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Yes it is possible. I just replied to another thread of yours. Have a look.

You can form different attachments/attractions and feelings for different people. Some of these attachments and feelings can become very deep, where the relationship becomes more than 'just being friends.' It is also possible that you ave begun to form feelings for him that might very lead you down the path of falling in love with him. Try to explore these feelings. The more we get to know a person the more commonalities and differences become clear, and often that allows us to develop feelings for someone in the first place.

Keep talking with him. Try to explore these feelings as much as possible. (*hug*)

4. Pasalacqua

I'm like that with my best friend. I've known him a year and about a 4 or 5 months into the friendship, we got really touchy-feely all the time, cuddle and stuff. Maybe 4 months ago, I started to have kind of an attraction to him, but not in a sexual way, just in like a really strong emotional attachment kind of thing I guess. I don't know, I'm not entirely sure how to describe it.

5. adam88

Feelings like that are how I figured out I was bi, so yeah. :slight_smile: