1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He got a girlfriend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mydogstewie, Nov 16, 2009.

1. mydogstewie

I was talking to my best friend of 9 years and he just told me he had a girlfriend....

.....I'm now crying...I...I think I love him...why am I crying??!?!?!

I'm so upset my heart has just been ripped....I didn't know I loved him....I never thought of it....

:tears:

sorry, just needed to vent....what do I do now???

2. biisme

I'm sorry. (*hug*)

Is this the first girlfriend that your best friend has had?

What to do now? Well, I guess the first thing to do is realize that even if you do love him, he has a girlfriend right now. But, that's not to say that he will always have a girlfriend. Has he ever shown any interest in guys?. And, maybe this will give you time to explore different people. You said you didn't know you loved him. Did you think you loved someone else before you realized this? Since your friend right now is spoken for, are you attracted to anyone else?

I would say the main thing is not to let this ruin your friendship. You've been best friends for nine years. Don't let a girl come between the two of you. For right now he's chosen her, amd right now it sounds like he just needs you as his best friend.

3. mydogstewie

Yes, it's the first girlfriend he's ever had.

He's never shown interest in guys, or even girls for that matter!

It's come upon me for a couple times that I was in love with him. I didn't think much of it though.

I've only felt this way about one person a girl that I was sure I was in love with.

I'm not attracted to anyone else at the moment

thanks for your help