1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mattyrusso, Nov 16, 2009.

1. mattyrusso

Now, I'm not trying to get ahead of myself but I'd just like to ask you guys here:

What do you think would posess a seemingly straight guy to turn around in his seat during math class and look at me, (at least once a day, sometimes more) a gay guy? (he doesn't know I'm gay, btw). This started happening last year, now he's in my math class again, and he still does it. Does it in the hallways when I walk by him, in the caf, on the stairs, etc. It'd be nice to think he's into me but I just don't know.

but, why do you think he might be doing this?

2. kurti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    what kind of stares are they? are they just quick glances or does he really scope you out?

i suppose if his doing this alot and your interested, it'd be a good opportunity for you to smile at him and maybe start a conversation, if your not already friends with him. get to know him a bit more, then his intentions should become more clear.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe he's secretly gay and has a crush on you.
    Maybe he's straight and thinks you'd make a good friend.
    Maybe he thinks your hair is weird.
    Maybe he has to do back and neck-stretching exercises once every half hour.

I (and you) could make conjectures until the cows come home, but you'll never find out unless you engage him. Next time he does it, smile and say "hi again". Or, you know, do nothing. Sometimes, it's more fun to simply keep the "I dunno maybe he likes me" game going, and not find out.

Lex

4. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    lol lex that comment actually made me cough tea up my nose (perhaps too much information)

Hey matty, I'm not a guy but I figured I`d put my two pennies in.

I think that its completely impossible to know why he`s doing that unless you outright ask him. Why dont you smile when he turns around one day and ask him "how's it going mate?" (or some kind of american expression to that same effect).

:slight_smile:

5. mattyrusso

This is true hahah I should probably just ask him something about math homework or whatever.

and Kurti, sometimes he just looks over for a second and looks away, but other times theyre like these intense stares for awhile. One time, I caught his eye and he was turned around in his seat, biting his lip looking at me and it kinda looked like he was wicked pissed off but idunno

6. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you fancy him, next time he turns around say something like "great eyes."

Have fun. Flirting is fun. Flirt often.