1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

very touchy.sub plz read\respect\help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fabu2113, Nov 16, 2009.

1. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

alright so i have this best friend and shes a girl well.shes a cristian. and im a cath.and so she said that i was sinning bc of the way iam she said that i wouldnt be saved unless i begged for forgiveness.well we got into an arguement and it didnt go so well.she was my best friend for years.but she said something to me that made me mad.she sent me a bible verse and she said that if i dont believe in that verse then i dont believe in the bible and there for why should someone state that they are cath. or crist. when they are gay.:eek::icon_sad:she was my friend i was always nice to her.she really got me depressed and thinking about myself.i text her back saying that i was still gay and that im still a cath.i told her sorry.were probaly gonna wind up not being friends anymore im sad just bc shes getting deeper into her faith.:tears: any word of encouragements would be fine any comments too but lets all be nice if you do we are all human. i will miss her.

2. Shevanel

Watch the film "For the Bible Tells Me So". Seriously. And if you're up to it, tell her to watch it too. It might help her get some sense into her. (*hug*)

3. Amy

Amy

^This.

Also, (*hug*) . It sucks when your friends treat you like this.

4. Greggers

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showpost.php?p=444011&postcount=10

Thats the link to the movie joey is talking about, all on youtube for you to see.

Your friend is an ass, but she is just uneducated. All my family and friends off the computer are of a christian background (literally all of them, yea, not a joke) and some of them had the same feelings. Some of them even felt i was worse/as bad as a pedophile, murderer, ect.

Education > Homophobia, however. Show them videos like the one above, talk to them about how you are the same person, how you didnt choose to be homosexual, how you struggle and fight with yourself over it, how you just want to be treated equally, how your not harming anyone, in short: Show them your true colors, and the rest will fall into place.

And hey, if it dosnt, drop the bitch like the hypocritical hoe she is and you dont have to feel even one bit sorry,

5. Jim1454

Yes - your friend is being very narrow minded, and it's her loss. She is losing out on the opportunity to have a great friend.

Seek out people who do understand and support you. Attend a PFLAG meeting in your area, or just continue to hang out here. The more comfortable you are with yourself, the more you'll come to realize that you dont' need people in your life like her.

6. SpinachWrap

What's the bible verse that she sent you? Pretty much every one of the typically cited ones can be discredited, as support for heterosexism. Letter to Louise is also a great resource, if you have the time to read it. (google it)

7. Kid Quasar

*Hugs* I am empathetic to your situation. I too wish some of my friends had handled it better, but I have moved on, as should you if she will not change her ignorant view on the matter.

A Letter to Louise

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm reminded of people who tell their friends how ugly their new outfit is...all under the guise of "helping". No, you're not "helping" - you're shoving your opinions in where they're not welcome or needed.

Give her her space. She may come around, or perhaps not. There's plenty of Bible verses you could toss at her that prove that SHE's not a Christian since she doesn't believe or follow them. But from your position, you won't be able to convince her of anything. Rest assured you CAN be both gay and Christian. Work on fostering the relationships of those who DO accept you for who you are.

Lex

9. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

this is why i aint a fan of religion. i think tho that if god is true, he would accept everyone for who they are and not judge on the decisions people make.

10. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ask he if she eats shellfish. Kindly remind her that that's a 'sin', too.

I don't mine people being religious. Just keep thy religion to thyself.

In the end, I wouldn't associate with her anymore. But that's me. Life's too short for this kind of headaches.

11. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

these are all great comments thank you so much (hugs) for every one.:slight_smile:that really helped me alot to think in an other way.

12. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

im not too attached to my religion.me and her are no longer best friend,i wish we were shes a great girl but what caused all this is the person shes living with.shes a jesus freak and she told my friend that she needed to stop hanging out with me bc i was gay. im afraid she will turn into one to but not sure.she just needs to relize well real life. shes too young to understand oh well.

13. paco

paco Guest

well, its really not up to her to judge you, that's a right reserved for God if i'm not mistaken.

and if God exists, and god is understanding, knowing, and wise, then God does not hate--period. hate is a human thing and beneath God.