1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think Ima Do It

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TroubledRyan, Nov 17, 2009.

1. TroubledRyan

Ok,I really really wanna tell my friends now,i see how supportive all you guys are,and this is amazing,this was sooo helpful,you have no idea how much you guys helped,and...i think...im ready to tell one of my friends,but I don't know when or how...can you think...maybe help me out :slight_smile:
    I'am pretty sure I can do it!I gota do it,for me!:tears:

2. AtomicCafe

Do you have any LGBT friends? Any who have shown support for gay people? Someone who's a little older and seems wise? Someone you completely trust? Someone you really want to be honest with? Tell that person.

Can you find some time when you'll see them one-on-one? In a safe location? Somewhere you both know well? Somewhere you feel comfortable? When both of you are relaxed? When you feel confident in telling a person and don't think it's a reason to apologize? Tell them then.

Do you communicate best with writing? Do you want to see his/her immediate reaction? Do you like seeing them face-to-face? Check around the forums for some ideas on how to say it and consider your comfort level.

Best of luck!!!!!!!!

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Take a deep breath. As you said, you can do it, and that's already huge. That already puts into the right mind set to build up the courage to come up.

Pick a friend (if you haven't done so yet) who you trust and know would be accepting and supportive. Then, after you look yourself in the mirror and say "I can do it, and will do it", and feel okay and comfortable, invite him/her to meet you at a place where you feel comfortable. Maybe grab a bite to eat or meet him at a coffee shop. Get a coffee or a another drink. Try to be as comfortable as you can. Then start saying what you feel you need to tell him. You could start the conversation by saying "I wanted to tell you something important about myself because value your friendship and want you to know me for me...."and take it from there. Maybe try a day after school or perhaps on the weekend.

Another option of course would be to come out over e-mail, IM, or by calling him. If you decide to do it over e-mail (which at times can be easier), just write it all out what you want him or her to know. Similar over IM. If you go through the coming out stories you will get a glimpse of how it can happen. You can start by asking "guess something about me" or "can I tell you something" and take it from there....

Have a read through the coming out stories. It might helps you to get some ideas as to how you could come out, and perhaps also with which method you would be most comfortable with.

If you feel ready and feel comfortable in starting to come out and open the closet door, then pick a day and try it. If it doesn't work out, that's okay too, because you have tried. Pick another day or another good time.

But also remember that opportunities sometimes present themselves without you having to do any planning, such as when you are meeting that friend anyways.

But from the sounds of it, you seem to be ready. When you do take the step to come out, just to remember to breath, and to remind yourself that you are doing it because you want others to know you.

I hope this helps a bit! (*hug*)

4. TroubledRyan

thanks...i hope it works,cus,if it dont,id be like rly rly depressed:icon_sad:
    BUT im sure she wont mind :dry:

5. Darkwing65

Awesome! Just remember to breath. lol Good Luck.

6. Meropspusillus

It's hard, but coming out is an important experience. I wish you only the best of luck.