1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freind Issues

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gemerency, Nov 18, 2009.

1. gemerency

>.< ok so its my senior year in highschool and i've never really been mister popularity. in freshman year i had like 4 really good freinds. over the years though, they've mostly all moved away and no one came into the school to replace them that i've really liked. Now i have only one "good" freind left, and he barely talks to me anymore. we still sit by each other in class and at lunch but the freindship has just gotten boring.

and now every time i talk to him he either says nothing or makes a small insulting sentence then resumes whatever he was doing before. Now usually i wouldn't even consider hanging around someone like this exept the fact that i don't want to be that loser kid with no freinds. thats not how i want to go out this year. but its nearly impossible to get another freind here because everybody that attends this school is a bloody homophobic.

so i find myself stuck with either this depressing crap freindship or no good freinds at all.
    :help:

2. tashyyy

that sucks :/
    maybe you should confront your friend or something
    when that happened with my friend
    i just asked him, why we we're kind of drifting
    and that i didn't want it to happen
    we patched it up, and got on with it
    humour is a big part in a friendship
    so i dunno, include a bit of it, try and make your friend laugh
    or any interests you both share?
    if all fails
    then there must be at least ONE more decent person in your school?
    my best friend is the opposite sex, so maybe you should talk to a girl, or something?
    unless you've already tried it/ or they're just all bitchy haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Jim1454

I'd rather have not friends at all than that one. I'm not sure you can technically refer to him as a friend anyway. What constitutes a friend? I'd think hanging out together, having fun together, doing things together, being able to relate to each other, caring about each other... those things make you friends with someone.

And I'd say that you have to be a friend to have a friend. Do you care for people? Do things for people? Invite people to hang out or do things with you?

I'd say you need to put yourself out there a little and meet new people who might want to do things with you. They might actually be less 'cool' or less 'popular' than you are - but don't hold that against them. You can't tell what they're really like until you talk with them and get to know them.

4. Markio

Yeah, I didn't really try to make friends so much as I got more involved with activities that I liked, and other people ended up liking as well, like musical theatre. Even if I didn't like everyone there, or make a lot of friends, I was at least doing something that I liked.

5. TroubledRyan

hehe all my freind are girls,and,they arent horrible,like,4/5 of all my freinds are girls,and my best freind is a girl,it is really not bad, really :slight_smile:
    Everything works in the end

6. guacj

I didnt really have many friends in high school and the ones I had I dont really even talk to anymore. Actually when I see them in public I sometimes try to avoid them. I have made many good friends since I have left high school. I mean I dont have like thousands of friends but I have three extremely close friends and about a dozen others that I can call friends. Dont worry too much about high school...you will meet people in college.