1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No passion

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by summersforecast, Nov 18, 2009.

1. summersforecast

Hey ECers I have this problem, and it's kinda complicated. So lately I've just had no passion for anything. It's like I have no hobby or interests except men, aka the only thing I can't find. This is due to the fact that my school is extreemly homophobic :/. I don't know what to do, I just want to feel again.
    Please help if you can thanks

2. mydogstewie

Are you having feelings of sadness? It could be depression.

Maybe you need to join something out of school? Or maybe experiment with different activities and see which one you like.

3. summersforecast

But that's just the thing, nothing I do will give me a sense of fulfilment. I'm auditioning for my schools musical, and hopefully I can get some enjoyment out of that. It's like lately I just don't care about anything and it's kinda scary.

4. RaeofLite

It might be the beginning inkling of depression. :frowning2:

I had major depression once. It sucked. Big time. Can you talk to a school counsellor? They should be confidential and just to vent and get feelings out. That's what they're there for. Trust me, it'll feel better.

5. TroubledRyan

hehe,you are love sick,your body and mind dont care for anything else,except for the one thing you truely want,hehe,you seem cute,so try to get someone to love,shouldnt be that hard since you are already open to the hardest people it is to open up to

6. summersforecast

I've been severly depressed before but this is different. I feel like soon, there won't be any feelings to vent at all.

7. summersforecast

It's a little harder than that where I live. The only other gay/bi guys I know are unattractive.

8. TroubledRyan

mmm :frowning2:,this is what i would do,in your position,i would talk to your bff,they are right there,and should be able to help you through alot,you never no,but it is so much more helpful to talk 2 real people you actualy no,makes it much esyaer to vent and get your feeling trough (*hug*)

9. TroubledRyan

oh???hehe there are some cute ones here,but...huuu still have cum out :angry:

But anyways...trust me,there is always someone cute in the area,look at you for example,they just probly arent out there,or are barly out there,so its probly hard to find

10. summersforecast

Well ryan, so much flirting and I don't even know what you look like.:rolleyes:

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Have you tried speaking with a counselor at your school or outside of school about not wanting to do anything or having no passion for anything?

If your school is homophobic, is there a chance for you to meet LGBT youths outside of school? Maybe try finding a PFlag chapter or a LGBT youth group in your area as well. It might make things a bit easier.

In terms of hobbies, is there something that you like doing?

12. TroubledRyan

mmm i gess you can go for phyc's,but i preffer freinds,because phyc's beleave more in meds,while freinds,they are jsut there for you,nd msg back in the chat thingy hehe :icon_wink

13. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

It sounds like low-grade depression. I would try and talk to a counselor/psychiatrist/psychologist/therapist about it.

14. TroubledRyan

Either way you have to do what make YOU happy,ok :slight_smile:,if you want a guy so bad that its making you semi-depressed,then try to find yourself a guy,if it mite be somthing else,go for that,just go head on for what is bothering you

15. summersforecast

I know a lot of LGBT youth, but they're mostly women, and although I'm all for making new friends, what I really want is a boyfriend.

16. paco

paco Guest

^don't we all?

anyway, did you have any passions before this current rut you're in? have you stopped investing as much into those things lately--think about it because it's easy to slip and not realize it for a while. maybe you need to step it up a little bit to arouse your interest right now, or do the same things in different places (like theater programs outside school), or focus on those things, for example, for me, private voice lessons has made singing way more integral to my life than it ever was before.

17. summersforecast

Thanks for posting, everyone I think I'll just have to wait until times are better, hopefully when I'm older things will be different. I just have to a more accepting place, and maybe I'll find a nice guy there.

18. UserName

I can completely relate here, it's been much of my life where I've been uninterested in having any sort of hobbies or desire to do much of anything. As a lot of others have said, I am sure it's related to depression or maybe anxiety. I'm sure that is very common with many homosexuals, it sure was/is for me. I can't say that I have any magical remedy for this problem - but my "hobbies" are hanging out with friends and partying and school. Life is just what you make out of it; many of us still struggle to find the right person to fulfill our lives to some regard...but patience is a virtue, it'll come one day, probably when we aren't even expecting it. Good luck with everything I'm sure it'll all workout and come together for you soon ya just gotta hang in there.

19. Absentminded

I went through something like this...for over a year, the only thing I wanted was a relationship. I had quite a few, none of them lasted (various reasons). Those were the worst relationships of my life. I eventually just started going for whatever I could get. Whatever you do, don't do that. You may think you're happy in the moment when it's happening...but...the long term effects aren't pleasant. It's hard, but just try to focus on something other than men, and your want for a relationship. Someone good just may come along. Just be open, and let opportunity knock. I finally did, after getting stepped on, crushed, and driven into a very deep depression. I'm happier than I've ever been right now :slight_smile:

Best of luck to you!
    ~Kat

20. GoBabyGoGo

good things happen to those who wait :slight_smile: at least you have hope that things will get better. never give up hope!

as many have said in other threads, etc, its when you feel like you most need a bf that youre least likely to get one.

but still, it sounds like you feel just like me, in that, there just seems to be no one avaliable even if you were some drop dead gorgeous and outgoing guy.

as for the boredom, i feel that a lot too. i think its part of almost every teenagers angst. but, yeah, its amplified in some cases, especially if you are glbt.

find some online penpals to talk to, and be a part of the ec community! both of those things really helped me to feel valued and accepted.

enjoy the simple things in life. get outdoors. excercise. appreciate the natural world. listen to music or draw or design something.

good luck