1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Curious ..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dare2bProud, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Dare2bProud

Are there toll free lines to call people just to talk. Like when you don't have any friends that can lend your an ear or shoulder or when you're feeling lonely and you just need to hear someone's voice or you're just completely overwhelmed with life. Is there anyone to talk to? I just don't know what's going on?

2. guacj

There is a guy named Dawson Mcallister who has a radio show that offers counselors a-nd also has something called the hope line. You can go online and chat with people or call them at 1-800-394-HOPE. From what I have heard they give great advice. Hope this helps

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there. Yes there are toll free lines to call people. You might want to give this number a try: 1-800-398-GAYS

You also might want to check out this website: http://www.indyprideinc.com/

Also, feel free to talk to anyone of us here if you feel that you need and want to talk. (*hug*)

Hope this helps!

4. Dare2bProud

Thanks for the advice. :frowning2: Although .. i'm too long winded and having speech problems to talk on the phone right now especially to a stranger. Its ok I suppose. I don't know. I'll never be content or happy.

5. GhostDog

6. GhostDog

Don't worry about being long winded or having speech problems! Those people are there to help you. They do it because they want to help. And I'm sure they've had to decipher people crying, screaming, and whatever else on the phone. I think they can deal with speech problems. =)

Also, it may seem hopeless, but you really do yourself no good by deciding you'll never be content or happy. I'm not saying "think positive and everything will be peachy-keen!" but giving up isn't the way to go either! Why don't you think you'll ever be happy?

7. Dare2bProud

Because I'm alone. I hate my job. I'm building all these new bridges but I have a job that doesn't want to see me succeed in different venues, the job consumes my life. My schedule is always different, my days off are never consecutive. I make bad decisions choosing friends, they always stab me in the back. I can't find a decent guy to save my life. How is that so much to ask for? To have someone to be there for me and me for them, to know that I'm not alone, to know I'm cared for. I'm tired of being alone. I'm tired of not having direction. I'm tired of my life being so fragmented ... nothing is adding up. Nothing.

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know what? I like people who are long winded. I learn more about them and it gives me a chance to get to know someone a lot better. :slight_smile:

It doesn't matter. If you need to let it all out and do it 10 sentences or in 100 sentences, if doesn't matter. Someone that listens at the other end will totally understand. As GD mentioned, this what they are here for. They are not going to hold it against you. Talking about whatever bugs you can only help you in finding that happiness again. The more you let go of things that bother you or bug you, the more of a clearer path you will see ahead of you and things might make a lot more sense too.

9. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

u can have my job if ya want. it sucks too lool.

my new year res will be to go get another job. i wanna go drive hgv lorries as i enjoy driving long distances. anyways point is everyone gets annoyed with how life is going and how it should all be so different cos u wanted something else. but unless u actually push urself to do it things will stay as they are. i feel for ya tho!! hope u manage to make a change.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know of any "feel free to talk" phone lines, but my PM box is always open. :slight_smile:

Lex