1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Parents don't believe I am Gay; They think it is just a phase

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Oh So Lucky, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh So Lucky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    GRRR What should i do:bang:

2. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Their denial may just be a phase. You need to educate them and show them it is not a phase. They may just be in shock. Keep trying to convince them.

3. 24601

My parents said the same. Just stay strong and don't let their opinions get to you -- I let that get to me, and thus, struggle each and every day with a doubt problem about myself. They'll realize soon enough that it's NOT a phase. At least hopefully. I guess we're in this together, :lol:

4. My parents think the same think, but unfortunately for me, they're Asian. So...their denial lasts forever.

Hah. Whatever. Anyway, I agree with the opinions of the people who posted before I did -- keep trying to convince them. But try not to gravely annoy your parents with your sexuality since they might snap. Parents can be quite volatile.

5. SpikySpice

Well, maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong, who knows

We are still young, we all feel confused, and what we believe in maybe rigth and wrong, who knows.

What you do now is to keep silent, if your parents dont wanna help you, you can come here

You know, it can be a phrase for some of us, but it can be the truth, some may chnage, some may not, we can all chnage anytime tho, like those who already got married and after that they discover themselves as new people

6. aww hun they are in denial lol give them time they will see it soon enough

7. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That sucks. I don't think I'll come out to my family until I move out. I don't want to deal with school and them.

8. Gera-Kun

It's like that with my dad...It's just a phase of denial. just go on your life. soon they'll realize that you really are gay. I hope my dad understands this soon...

9. godfather

godfather Guest

i think your parents are finding it hard to accept that your gay but if you just lead your life then they will start to understand that its not just a phase!!! hope it works out:icon_wink

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

11. Bryan

Every parent goes through this, it is just a stage of denial. My parents still think it may be a stage, I have been asked multiple times if I changed my mind or if I want to "play for the other team". It is really hard and it hurts me, but I know they will come out of it, they already have begun to, atleast my dad. Just give it some time, and dont let what they say hurt you

12. agonizingnose

you cant make them chancge. so just say haters gonna hate. thats what i do
    :slight_smile:

13. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This thread has been locked due to inactivity for over four years.

As a reminder, please don't post in threads that haven't been active for more than a couple of months; chances are the members involved have moved on, have sorted their problem or, in this case, don't visit the site any more.

You can check the date it was last visited by means of the last message's time and date stamp at its top left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.