1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I get over "Love sickness" please!?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Camman3, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Camman3

I have no idea why, but recently I've started really "falling for"/liking my pen pal. This is, obviously, ridiculous because he lives 4 hours drive from me.

It is affecting my concentration and making me feel depressed. Usually I would just deal with this over time, but I'm writing my finals for Grade 11 (Year before senior year - junior? I think it's called that in America) and it's very important for University acceptance... I need to be able to think straight!

It's leaving me irritated and depressed. How can I stop this? On top of all this, he is struggling because a lot of guys has broken his heart recently and he says I'm the only one who understands him and that I'm his best friend... I know it's a little bit weird to have a best friend you've never met in real life, but I don't want to hurt him.

WTH?

Is there anything I can do to at least eradicate the emotional stress/psychological symptoms?

2. Just Adam

honestly 4 hours aint that far tbh and you can work on it

i would say to try and meet up as friends and you might realise hes not the one for you but its allways easier to deal with emotions in person.

i dont know if you drive but a bus? or train?

i know it wouldent be cheap and would erquire saving up but long distance even longer than 4 hours can work...

dont give up hope based jsut on distance :slight_smile:

and sorry i know this isnt what you wanted to hear lol.

3. Camman3

Hey Just Adam, thanks for replying!

4 hours.... Um... He's 16, I'm 17 (In South Africa you can only drive at 18)... I can't leave now anyway, for the next two weeks I'm writing exams. If I'm not on EC, then I'm studying!

And he's not interested, on top of everything. He really just thinks we're best friends. And it doesn't help that he's very flirty by nature, so he's always teasing! lol

Ai... I don't know what to do. All the stress caused me to get a cold today. The sniffles was just the cherry on top of the worst day to study Mathematics ever!

4. olides84

There two situations here - your studies and this guy. You say you are just writing exams or on EC. But it sounds like you're also still chatting with this guy. So stop it!!

Tell him that you need to totally focus on school these next two weeks, and you need to quit chatting with people as your exams are vitally important. Hopefully he can deal with not having you helping with his issues for a time. And this should help you get away from thinking about him, at least for now.

Later, you can deal with your and his feelings about this 'relationship'--don't burden yourself with that now.

5. musican

I think that your studies are just making the situation seem more important. I think that there would still be an issue even if it weren't for the stress from school work. You should talk to him and explain that his flirting is sending you mixed signals and that if he just wants to be friends, he should act more like your friend.

You should also let him know that you're worried about school and that you'll need to devote more time to your studies, so you won't be able to talk as much as you have been.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you want to talk.

Nick