1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused, hurting, nothing helps....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dragonfly467, Nov 22, 2009.

1. dragonfly467

Out Status:
    All but family
    I've made other posts about this girl, Sarah. She goes to my school and I really like her.
    Problem is, she's straight and into drugs and alcohol. I'm not either of those things.
    She's also dating one of my best guy friends. They started dating LITERALLY the day I was going to tell her how i felt.... harsh right?
    We're kind of almost friends, growing closer every day. It's hard. On Friday we were standing outside and she kept hugging me because I was cold, and we linked arms and walked to a school building. It felt great at the time but that night I couldn't sleep I was so upset.
    She knows that there's a girl out there who likes her and she really wants to find out who it is. I mailed her a letter today that basically said, "Dear Sarah, that girl who likes you? It's me."
    I mailed it.
    Right now I'm kind of regretting it because my emotions are going at a mile a minute and I have no idea what i'll feel tomorrow or the next day.
    I don't know what to do.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Having crushes and feelings for best friends are always the ones we are trying to avoid because those can be hard to overcome. But often times it just does happens that way.

I don't think you have to regret anything. You did something very brave. You told your friend that you have feelings for her, even though knowing that she won't return them. You told her how you feel about her, and there is nothing wrong with that. I suspect you told her because you probably wanted to get it out of your system so to be able to start moving on. And it will help you to begin to move on.

I know it is hard, but try not to worry about it anymore. You did it for a reason. Be proud of yourself for having been able to do it and to be honest with her. Knowing that you like and have feelings for her, will also help your friend to understand when you perhaps let her know that you might need some distance.

It seems that she does care about you. I think you do have a great basis from which to build a friendship. You could let her know that despite your feelings for her (and if it is the case) that you do want to remain friends with her. See what she says.

I hope this helps a bit!

3. Fiorino

I think you did the right thing by writing her the letter.

and BELIEVE me, I can relate, please please STAY AWAY from Alcohol and Drugs,
    people who are that into them usually use them to get away from bigger problems
    and you don't want to get involved with that!

Take care sweetie and let us know how it goes (*hug*)

4. dragonfly467

Out Status:
    All but family
    thanks guys :]