1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm totally alone!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mydogstewie, Nov 22, 2009.

1. mydogstewie

I feel like i'm alone here. I'm the only bisexual teen at my school. It's depressing because I have nobody to talk to.

When I talk to my straight friends, they say it's awkward and they don't know how to help. How can I find out if there are more people at my school?

I just feel alone:help:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sorry to hear that you feel alone and that you are having difficulties finding others to talk to. (*hug*)

Does your school have a Gay Straight Alliance/LGBT club? Maybe check that out. If your school doesn't have one, maybe try to talk to someone at your school's counseling services and ask them if they could help you in that or finding someone at your school with who you could talk to.

What you perhaps could also try is finding a LGBT youth club in your community. Maybe there are couple of other LGBT youths from your school that are part of a community LGBT club. PFlag could also help you in finding something. Try to contact the nearest PFlag, maybe they could help you as well a bit.

Hope this helps a bit!

#2 Mirko, Nov 22, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  3. Jim1454

One option is to hang out more here. Hopefully you won't feel quite so alone, and when you're in a better frame of mind perhaps you'll feel more empowered to come out to more people and find more LGBT people in your school or community.

And if a club doesn't exist, perhaps you should start one. I'm going to be attending a meeting this Friday for what might be a 'gay / straight alliance' at my work.