1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

its been a while

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sarah, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Sarah

hey everyone,
    i haven't been on EC in forever.
    i just thought that i should give a little update

right now i'm not doing to great. i've been diagnosed with depression, and my parents aren't even trying to help me. they make me feel worse everyday.
    i'm saving my money up and i'm running away next year. there's this place in New Mexico. Ardantane. its for learning about the Craft and the Goddess. i'm really drawn to the Wiccan religion. i feel like it can help me heal. there's a lot more going on but i don't think i need to go into detail. i'll probably be in the chatroom. so ttyl

Sarah

2. Jim1454

Hi and welcome back.

I'm sure your parents aren't intentionally doing things to make you feel worse. Parents don't always know what the right answer is. Maybe you need to talk to them more. Talk.

Running away doesn't solve any problems. It just creates problems. That isn't what you should base your plans on. You should be working towards making your current situation better.

3. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone at your age has these feelings, so you're not alone. And it is not uncommon to explore religion, wiccan seems to be fairly popular among early teens. You should know that running away from your problems NEVER solves them and always makes them worse. There isnt a single problem that comes in your life that can be solved by NOT taking care of it. SO if you're clinically depressed, you should know that, that means you aren't exactly thinking clearly when it comes to dealing with your problems. It may seem like running away will fix everything but your parents love you despite whatever you may think. They probably ARE trying to help you but they dont understand the problem you're having. And this is something i learned when i was your age, your parents cant help you unless you let them. So take a step back and look at your relationship with them, do you allow them to help you? or do you turn them down whenever they try? Just step back and look at everything from another perspective.

4. TroubledRyan

New Mexico is very peiceful (depending on where you go)
    and I beleave that you will enjoy it here
    As for your family,im not asking for details,but im very very sorry that they are not being eccepting,and I just pray that everything works out for you.

5. Sarah

my mother keeps putting off helping me. and she knows exactly how i'm feeling. she used to be depressed and so did her sister. i'm constantly reminder her to call the counselor to set up an appointment. and even when she has time to call she says "i'll do it tomorrow they might be closed" it was 3:30. my dad just keeps telling me about disappointed he is in my grades this quarter. and that makes me feel like sh**.

6. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You dont need your mom to set up the appointment for you... If you call a counselor I'm sure they will help you work something out. If you really feel you need help, you need to put yourself out there to get it. When you were diagnosed with depression, whoever diagnosed you should have recommended a counselor or therapist. It should have been diagnosed by a therapist or psychologist already. You just gotta put yourself out there, there are people who want to help you out there, but the community here might not be able to solve this particular problem for you