1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm quite tired...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fargo, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Fargo

Fargo Guest

(Sorry, this is mostly a vent thread, but any feedback or advice would be appreciated)

So my brother is 16 now. He steals from everyone. He has stolen an iTouch, an iPod nano, a $90 bong, a PSP, and at one point stole a Tracker(vehicle) and ditched it in the industrial park. He has also stolen from me my $300 watch along with money which then I(unknowingly) sell him smokes for. He will also threaten me if I don't give him smokes. I know I should be able to take my brother but he is indeed stronger than me >.< He has also stolen from me a pack of smokes which I then stole back and he then accused me of stealing his shit and that's why he stole my smokes...Ridiculous I know. But tonight, my dad found huge holes punched into the wall in his room behind posters...So my dad took my brother's bongs and some stuff he has stolen. But it just irritates me so much that I can't trust my own brother. And then his bitch girl friend bitches at me anytime I rat him out for doing shit...But he does it to me, so why should I care? I'm just so tired of trying to be here. I wish I could just leave. It's stressful knowing that now I may get my ass kicked because I told my dad that he had stolen a Tracker so I gave the keys to it to my dad... D= blah!

Thanks for letting me vent <3

2. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I would be tempted to call the police. Lying, cheating, and stealing are three things I have no tolerance for. You're totally right in giving the keys to your dad. I would just let your dad know what is going on and let him handle it. It sucks that you have to put up with that shit though, wish I had some actual advice to give you.:icon_sad:

3. Just Adam

vent all you need too ...people are people and sometimes you just cant trust them or get on ...blood makes no difference in teh end everyones idividual and make tehir choices and decisions and everybody is different...

im surprised there wasent a fight about bongs though ...drug equip..tut tut lol

4. Fargo

Fargo Guest

My dad is thinking of going to the cops to see what he can do in the future if he kicks my bro out cause my dad thinks my bro will come after me and my youngest bro and maybe wreck the house in some other way. And my dad knows my bro smokes weed. And he knows that without weed, my bro has no life...Sooo, I think that will definitely hit something....Such as him coming after my shit or something.

5. Just Adam

oh i would so kick his ass....litterally i would prob of put him through a wall i get stressed pretty easily with peopel and sounds liek he would do my nut in you say hes stronger but strength isnt important...

next tiem he gets up close i say punch kick to balls grab throat and threaten with lots of expletives..... along likes of your my little brother and you will do as i feckign tell you now get out you little brat,#

maybe not your style but.... or attack him with a piece of wood.

6. Fargo

Fargo Guest

What about a board with a nail through it? :grin:

7. ArcaneVerse

While I don't believe in any way what he is doing to you is ok he may be going through something that he doesn't know how to deal with so he acts out.

8. Cynic

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Excuse me for sounding like a twat here but that's terrible advice. Opposing hostility with hostility? Splendid. That only sparks even more hostility between them and the same problems will most likely ensue, worse off than before and will also get others in trouble.

I'm all for self-defense but don't go and intentionally attack your brother for the sakes of intimidating him, for that only makes you as bad as he is. I agree with what's already been said, you and your father might want to further consider calling the authorities.

#8 Cynic, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  9. Just Adam

depression is far kinder to others than violence it would seem.

10. Just Adam

yea call the police on family that in no way at all builds hostility >.> ... someone tries to intimidate and bully you they will keep doing it aslogn as they knwo they can get away with it and it effects you. so standing up for yourself and not allowing to be intimidated or threatened is what you have to do...

and i think both me and fargo realise its only a laugh and attacking your brother with a bit of wood isnt serious advice...

though standing up to them is teh only real way when they threaten and abuse you...

though as said above by others he may be having trouble.... i personalyl would try the whole sit down private chat thing hug and all that but in the end someone people are jsut ass holes and need a slap and know your place.

11. Jim1454

You tell him he needs to smarten up or you'll call the police and report him for stealing a car. And if he doesn't, then you call the police adn report him for stealing a car.

And if he comes back some time and spray paints your house, you report him to the police for spray painting your house.

I mean - it doesn't come as a surprise that your brother is a complete jerk. He's the offspring of the man who won't buy you new shoes, and threatens to throw you out of the house for having lost them in the first place.

It sounds like you need to start a new life as soon as it's possible to do so. Finish school, get the best grades you can, figure out how the student loan programs work, and move away for college or university. Let your family continue to mess up their own lives but have them leave you out of it.

12. Just Adam

jim is right as usual... do what you have to now though i dont agree with the police thing but still then as soon as you can get away from their and have a new brilliant life.. :slight_smile:

13. Pendrin2020

Roll over on him. Family doesn't treat family like that. At this point, doing anything that could even slightly enable him to continue criminal behavior is just codependency.

It sounds cold, but if he wants to act like a criminal and become a danger on his family, then it's time to call the authorities. Once he gets into the system, he may figure out that he's making big mistakes, or he may just take the hard road and keep on going. That's his choice. That's his Journey.

Talk with your dad, and see if you can call the authorities without family backlash.

14. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Thanks guys. I just kinda don't want to go behind my dad's back and call the cops just because it might further some problems and I don't exactly want to be the one behind it. But, if I keep my grades up, I should hopefully move from "provisionally qualified" for a college in Victoria to "accepted" and then I get to peace out =D