1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New And Confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ScorpiusBlue, Aug 16, 2007.

1. ScorpiusBlue

ScorpiusBlue Guest

:help: OK this is m first time to a place like this....so here goes nothing.....OK way way way in the past I have had 'encounters' with other women,:kiss: but to me at the time it was just a sexual thing plain and simple...Now...Yes I have had bad luck dating men, but now find myself wondering more if I should try to date women....actually maybe start something non-sexual to either....I dunno...see if I am gay? No that' doesn't sound right...to see if I am capabale of a lesbian relationship? See? That still isn't coming out right either....I don't know how to put it into words:eusa_doh: ...I've read other ppl's posts but cn't seem to find one that remotly sounds like me and my situation......I am unsure what to do, how to even go about looking for someone, especially in the small town I'm in.....Any advice would be helpful.....thanx
    feel free to PM me:
    I'm also always on Facebook.com too
    :bang:

2. CrimsonThunder

From what you've said you like both men and women. I would definatelly suggest dating other girls! And you're right the relationship doesnt always have to be sexual.

Welcome to EC! :grin:

3. Gera-Kun

Heya! Welcome!^^ Ditto what Tom said! Go ahead! Date girls!^^

4. MissyJ158

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome to EC!

... I have to go against what the above two said...
    If you are unsure about yourself I have to admit I don't like the idea of you starting a relationship with a girl to find out. Someone could get hurt.

Can you imagine yourself in a non-sexual relationship with a girl? If you enjoyed your past experiences anyway you probably are bi.

5. godfather

godfather Guest

it sonds like you are confused about feelings for boys and girls and dating girls may help you find out who you are i hope it works out!:icon_bigg

welcome to EC enjoy!!:icon_wink

6. ScorpiusBlue

ScorpiusBlue Guest

Thanx ya'll now I just have no clue on how to meet someone :slight_smile: I live in a small town and not sure where to go in Penticton

7. 24601

Welcome to EC! I, like everyone else, would consider you bisexual. And, again, I agree that you should try to hook up with a woman. Most of the places people recommend to meet people is at LGBT oriented events or meetings. On top of this, you could meet someone through a friend if you decided to come out to your friends, or even over the internet.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ouch... Penticton! Google Maps... oh THAT'S where it is. I'm really bad at anything outside the Lower Mainland.

Can you move? I mean even Kelowna or Kamloops (which is bigger again?) probably has more in the way of possibilities.

9. ScorpiusBlue

ScorpiusBlue Guest

No unfortunatly moving isn't an option for me, maybe in a few years when my son is in highschool or something....and asking friends is out of the question cuz all my friends are down in Vancouver and don't know anything yet about me 'opening the closet' :slight_smile: I went to my first Pride Parade while on holidays down there last weekend and it was AWESOME!!! I had so much fun....my sister is bi but I can't talk to her cuz she thinks one way about stuff and whenever I have tried to talk to her she kinda cuts me off and makes jokes saying I am just lonley and going through a rut with men....I think, actually no I KNOW it isn't a rut....the more I talk to ya'll or with some online buddies on facebook, the more I know there's something more to it. I just don't know where to begin? LOL I'd like to start something with someone first before telling my sis so that way I would have some support when I do (*hug*)

10. Double Dubya

I don't know any advice to tell you, but I will say good luck.

Hi from WW :wave:

11. Moth

Are you attracted to women? Not nessecarily sexually, but when you're out and about, do pretty ladies turn your head? When you watch movies all your friends may be drooling over the male star, but do you find yourself watching the female star too? I know that's one thing I do... my friends will all talk about how hot the male star is and I'll sit there thinking how gorgeous the female star is... and everybody loves celebrities, so usually that's a pretty good guage. =3 These may seem like sort of obvious questions considering what you're asking, but you didn't mention any level of attraction, so I thought I'd start out with that...

It sounds to me like you're in the beginning stages of figuring out being bisexual... your situation sounds a lot like mine when I finally started to accept that I wasn't straight... at first I thought I was bi but I've since realized I'm gay all the way. =] I would suggest giving it some time though, and figure things out... maybe write down what you like in men on a sheet of paper, and then what you like in women on another, and compare the two. Also, see if you can imagine yourself in a long-term relationship with a woman. I wouldn't rush into anything, but if after a little while you find that your feelings don't change, then I would suggest considering a relationship. Just give yourself some time and don't rush it, and it should become clear to you as you learn to understand your feelings.

12. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I was at the parade too. It's always cool to see. It's way more fun to march in it, though. :slight_smile:

That's too bad your sister is so unwilling to consider the possibility you aren't 100% hetero. Hopefully you can find some other supportive people to help you out.

Is your not wanting to move because of your son because of what grade he's in and not wanting to disrupt his school/social life?

13. ScorpiusBlue

ScorpiusBlue Guest

I have done that and they come up even LOL Which I know sounds funny....but I must say I have in the past tend to fantasize more about women during anything sexual with men, so that kinda gives me the impression I'm bi....it's just I have never had any romantic relationships with women (only sexual) so I don't know what would come of it....

My son has Asperger's(High Functioning Autism) and the last major move I did was extremely hard on him. I know he's older now and on meds ect but he is really improving now, and it wouldn't be fair. So I figure since he's starting gr 6 this year, that I would wait and see how he does in early highschool before making any attempts of moving again....If we do move it'll be closer to Penticton till he's ready to be on his own or be able to handle life back on the coast. Plus I need to know for myself if I can handle being on the coast full time LOL....Right now I'm just slowly visiting down there to help me get out of my shell.....I've been a bit of a hermit up here since it is in the middle of nowhere, and most ppl here are seniors LOL

I am finding it kinda funny that I've been getting really great advice from those IN highschool still LOL

14. panda

Scorpius.May the Force be with you

15. ScorpiusBlue

ScorpiusBlue Guest

Thanx :wink:

I figure that I won't be as confused when I get my first romantic kiss from a girl......now it's a matter of getting a date LOL