1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well.. guess what i did

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Idunnohereitis, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Idunnohereitis

Well today i feel like ive been kicked in the face by the earth. allow me to elaborate.

I have a best friend for 6 years...who has know idea.
    we are really close but i dont like her like i like anybody else. i was afraid to tell her what was bothering me and whats up... but i didnt wana change anything between us and make it awakward. we were talking and she said nothing can make me think differently bout my best friend.

She lied.
    After i told her, she seemed like mad at me that i finally told her. she says

"youre joing right, why didnt you tell me in the first place....now what...wow...i cant believe you. Theres no way how can you be gay? Thats so... just no.":tantrum:

Then she left.
    Im crushed.
    took 6 years to tell her who i am.
    took 6 seconds to crush ourfriendship, she was there during everything else. EVERYTHING since i was like 12. thats a lot of stuff. And now i d k whats going on. I feel like i just lost my bestfriend.

i think i did.:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: i almost wish i went back to hiding.
    :eusa_doh:
    i do wish.
    :frowning2:
    :help: why is there no fucking sad face im not crying i dont cry but im upset. wtf wait htere is.. i clicked more :dead:
    :dry:

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've shifted this thread to Support and Advice :slight_smile:

I don't think you've necessarily lost her. It sounds like she's shocked, and that's understandable. You've known about your sexuality for a pretty long time, and it's taken you years to fully come to terms with it - you've had an adjustment period, and she sounds like she needs one too. If you give her time, and maybe send her a note saying something like "I'm sorry if I shocked you by coming out to you and I understand if you need a little time to let it sink in", I think there's a good chance that eventually she'll come around.

3. TroubledRyan

Ya,thats what I was thinking,she probly just needs time to talk,friends don't really walk out when you were together for 6 years,she was probly just off gaurd

4. paco

paco Guest

i agree with the above statements, it also sounds like she doesnt know anything about what gay means.

so you will have to be patient with her in explaining a few things, such as that you don't like her (you don't have to tell her that you ever did), that you didn't tell her before because it is the most frightening thing in the world to admit and you were afraid you would lose her, and that you didn't choose it and nothing about you has changed, and you hope that she can understand that.