1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I feel like kind of a douche.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pasalacqua, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Pasalacqua

This guy I met last year, I've thought he was gay since I met him.
    He's denied everything.
    Over the course of the summer, and the beginning of this year, he's said some things that just furthered my theory.
    "How do you know your gay?"
    "When did you come out?"
    "When did you know?"
    Etc. He was really interested in all that stuff.

Over the summer, a friend and I met up with him and his friend, a guy.
    After we parted, I texted him and said "Dude, your friend is really hot."
    He says: "Haha, yea."
    Me: "You agree'd with me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:"
    Him: "Yea, I did."

After that, every time I saw him, he was with that guy.

So recently, a friend told me that he had come out to someone she knew.
    So, I mentioned it to a friend of mine who was thinking the same thing. She brought it up to him, he avoided the conversation.
    A few days later, same girl that told me he came out told me he had a boyfriend, the guy he was always with.
    Mentioned that to the mutual friend, she brought it up again.
    He gave in and told her that he thinks he's pansexual but doesn't want to be labled as anything. He said he considers himself either bi or pans.

I told him I was the one that told our mutual friend and that no one else knows, incase he was worried about it.

I feel like a douche because I would always send him texts saying things like "You and *guy* are really cute together, if you're not dating, you should be."
    Not to be mean, just messing around.
    I've apologized, but I feel like an ass. :/

2. tylerzane69

dont feel like an ass, you were being the fun friend who was making jokes, my friends make jokes at me all the time and i do it back... its cool.... dont over think it, just continue being his friend let him know that even your his friend no matter what he chooses... and stop being so hard on yourself, you should only feel guilty when he says something to make you feel guilty....(for example: wow why did you tell (friend) that when you didnt know if it was true) if he is actually mad at you then yeah you can feel a bit guilty but dont worry about it

3. Nick

I agree, don't feel like an ass.

As it turns out, your texts were actually correct. :slight_smile:

Don't worry about it too much unless he has an issue with it. If he does, talk about it and apologise.

4. olides84

If you still feel like a douche, try talking to him about it, just to clear your mind. Not just a quick apology, but something a little more heartfelt that shows how much you care. Like you know that everyone has their own process and timeline for becoming comfortable with their sexuality and coming out, and that you are sorry that you were pushing him so much. Etc. Etc.