1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom wants to get close to me now..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andromeda, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I think my mom wants to get close to me now (I haven't come out to her officially yet) , for the past couple weeks or maybe longer. I think she pass the anger and denial phases after I hinted to her I was gay over the past year.

Yesterday she mention a 95% sure gay cousin and his success so far in life, I went right over the conversation to another cousin, since I know she's trying to relate him to me even though he's a stereotype of being gay.

So, I am just afraid now to tell her. I kind of half accepted that I am gay, since I am, but I feel like a failure to the family even though that's not logical. I just want to be normal. And I know once I tell her, my relationship with her will change.

I think I am just going to tell her, and tell her to keep it as a secret from anyone else.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! You are normal. Being gay is normal. There is nothing to be afraid of. It is just another part of you that make you, you. You know that you are not a failure and I think you mum is giving you hints that you are not a failure is she is going to continue to love you. You can have success, and you will have success in your life.

Sometimes and for some parents it can take a while for them to come around. It sounds like that you mum has come around to it, or at least she is comfortable talking about it with you.

If you want give it a few more days, to make sure that things will go well when you do come out to her. In coming out to her, you can tell her what you mentioned in your post:

Maybe add, "I hope you can accept me for who I am. I want you to be a part of my life, this is the reason why I'm telling you."

3. adam88

Was going to post something along these lines, glad to see the first response already did. :slight_smile: If your mother's already okay with homosexuals, and already has hints that you're gay then I think she'll appreciate you making an effort to tell her and set her mind at ease. :slight_smile: