1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uggghh! I have 0 motivation for much of anything. Lol.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Mind Freak

I used to be super motivated to do lots of things. To keep up with school, with band, with track, I even wanted to get a job. Now I don't even want to get up in the morning and when I get to school all I want to do is go home and watch tv or sleep. I don't want to do anything that takes effort. Even driving to school is a hassle. Lol. Like I don't know what's going on.

I'd rather stay home than go hang out with friends and family; and I used to have a baby crush on this guy, now I don't even have the will power to put anything into that. Always ends up with me being disappointed anyway so whatever!

I seriously just want to quit everything and sit in my room with a glass of tea and a big mac watching tv with the house quiet. *sigh* I should fake sick tomorrow and stay home.

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I felt the same way when I was your age. It just changed one day. Sometimes I just go into luls like this where I cant seem to get motivated to do anything worthwhile or productive. It goes away after a while. Some things that have helped me in the past is finding something to fill my time with. Usually if I start going to the gym again, I start feeling a lot better about myself. The problem is it can be hard to get the motivation to go to the gym or to find something to fill your time with. Just know, you're not alone, and it will pass.

3. TroubledRyan

I think I just got over that,it was bothering the shat outa me also,and I know how bad it bothers you...
    But I personaly was done of waiting,I'am taking things in my own hands,even if its torture doing it,I just got to,because I was hating myself for it.
    That's just how i'am getting over it,and it really sucks,but I hate waiting,and can't find another way to take care of it,other then confronting it,and taking care of it one problem at a time

4. Camman3

I think it's quite common in teenagers - damned puberty!

I got over that when I was 15, nearly 16. The only thing that still affects me is the sudden onsets of depression late at night. I suddenly feel lonely, tired, and like no one understands me. I know it's just hormones though, and I always feel better in the morning.

The best way to get over that motivationless state is to exercise - it pumps endorphins into your body and gets your blood circulating faster.

Do your best to workout 3-4 times a week, do some cardio, or just get involved with some sport after school with friends. Try find something that sustains your interest, or set a goal that is out of reach to you right now and work towards it, so you have a sense of purpose.

Good luck! Hope that helps