1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just told my best friend (opposite sex) I had feelings for them.. WTF?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lolz, Dec 1, 2009.

1. lolz

For some strange reason, I told one of my best friends, who is a girl, that I have feelings for her. I dont know why I did it. I guess I "Liked" her, but wasn't attracted to her physically/sexually at all. I guess I just wanted to know how it would make me feel, and i felt nothing? does that make sense?? Luckily, she likes someone else, so that is as far as it went. will someone please explain to me what this means?? :/

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It makes sense to me really lol. Sometimes you just gotta test those waters. Hell I dated 8 girls up till grade 11, and then by then I knew I was gay but dated one last one just to see lol...and yup....nothing.

3. lolz

^ haha yea thanks. I still have no idea why i did it. I plan on coming out to her within the year so it will be funny talking about this..

and can a mod move to support/advice please? thanks

4. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dated one girl, who kinda resemble Amy Lee (this was in 2006)

She was my first girl and last... she broke up with me because I guess I didn't went far enough with her (said it wasn't the right time). Then she started crying when I left her, so she left me really confuse. I didn't feel anything though overall....

5. Nameless Hope

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dated a girl once in college, (though I was still desperately trying to believe I was straight at the time...)
    And like you said, I guess I liked her, in a fashion. But I never held her hand, never tried (or really wanted) to kiss her. And I'm known for being pretty physically affectionate.
    Of course, afterwards, when I dated a guy, the debate of "to kiss or not to kiss" was very quickly a non-issue, ha. Figures.

It's confusing. Because there are suggestions of *some* type of feelings, and (if you've been raised that homosexuality is wrong) you still find yourself wondering if those are the feelings you should be having...

6. lolz

thanks for all the replies guys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: When I dated someone (girl) a while back, she broke up with me because I didnt go "to far" haha. (oh and the whole to kiss a guy thing isnt a debate) I frequently want to pounce on guys i like in the hall hahaha