1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excited, scared... going cross-eyed...?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mugwump, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Mugwump

I wrote recently about having met someone in a club that I like. Well, something rather amazing happened last night! I was walking through a club and she came up behind me a grabbed my shoulders! Then we chatted for a while... and eventually went back to our own friends. She said I could go and sit with her friends if I wanted. A while later I decided to get up the guts to go over to her. I was just going to say bye, but I somehow ended up giving her a lift home!! When I dropped her off she gave me a kiss on the cheek and said she would get me a drink on Friday night (cos we're going to the same place). So I am soooooooooooo excited! But at the same time I am worried because I have never been with anyone, and I have no idea how to tell if someone is really interested or not. I mean, she obviously likes something about me, but I don't know if she's treating it as 'potential girlfriend' or 'little sister to look out for'. She has said things like 'cute' and sweet' to describe me. God, I wish I was more tough looking! Anyway, she is about 10 years older. What should I do on Friday? How can I tell?

2. Doreibo

Awww that does sound so sweet! Lol sorry. I think the best way to find out where this is going is to just talk, not directly, but learn about her and become friends before anything else. Besides, if it is a girlfriend she is seeing in you or a little sister, it should be an enriching relationship nonetheless. Just try to make the most of it and hey, if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Nothing to brood on.

As for finding out what it is that is in store for you. I reckon try talking to her alone, just the two of you. When you gave her a lift how did things go, was it more personal or casual? Without friends there to keep up appearances she is able to let go and be herself, and so can you. Also without the distractions, things will probably be more clear. Just make sure when you are trying to figure out where this is going neither of you are drunk, as alcohol may mess up your perception or her real intentions. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I hope things turn out well, and you get what you are hoping for. Good luck to you and your future girlfriend/senpai (japanese for senior/mentor) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:!

#2 Doreibo, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  3. Mugwump

Hmmmm, it's the friend thing. I am sad, but I think it's probably right this way. She's a lovely person, and I think she will be a bit of a 'senpai'. I feel like I will never meet anyone though. And she just said in conversation "when you get your first girlfriend..." Damn, is it that obvious?! *Sigh*