1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andromeda, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There's this gay guy I want to be friends with at school but he doesn't even know me but I know his best friend.

We only spoke twice, but I really like him but not romantically because he just look better as a friend. But I'm afraid that he would reject me though and I see no way to get to know him

I just want a friend now...

2. friendlyboy

friendlyboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When you want a friend you just have to have the guts and go for it. A friend is not going to come to you...you have to get it..I learned this the hard way.
    Just say hi and the conversation should flow...Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. Jim1454

To get a friend, you need to be a friend.

How would you want someone to approach you? What kind of person do you want as a friend? What do you think you could to to befriend this person? If you're already friends with his friend, why is it so hard to meet him?

4. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not that close to his friend, but I was close to her last year, but our discussion never went to him because I didn't want to come out I guess. And when we did spoke we only spoke about astral projection, and weird stuff, but she's the type who doesn't care about school life so when I stop having classes with her I didn't look for her.

But last year, he was always with her, so when I spoke to her indirectly I did it to get his attention to me. So he probably has my image in his head, but I just don't want to seem creepy to him. The only way I think I can let him know me is if I come out to him I am gay first, and just tell him that I was the one who spoke to him on facebook.

I spoke to him through face book, but anonymously because I am still not ready to come out. I have a brother in high school (same grade fraternal twins), and he will find out if he knows I know him. In the first year of high school, I had a class with him, and my brother refer him as a "fag".

And I guess if he finds out that I know him he will tell my family, and so I have to come out before I start associating with the gay guy. Because they are going to automatically assume I am gay right after that, and I am going to make my brother high school years as hell, so I don't want to do that to him. Some kid also told him I was weird, and he agreed with him right in front of me, but that's because when I have a class with him I usually don't speak since I don't want to reveal myself.

It's like I am playing a character every day, just to avoid him from telling the family. And this is the worse year of all, since I have a few classes with him since he wanted to be in my classes, and I was like "Nooo!". So it's just misery for me every day.

I just never had a friend because of this, and I know this because when he's not in my life or any family member is people start to like me. I just have that barrier down.

#4 Andromeda, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009