1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Books for parents to read

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by steve17159, Dec 5, 2009.

1. steve17159

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey all,

I just came out to my parents this week. I sent them a letter, and they have sent me texts and emails and seem to be doing okay with it, and I think everything will be okay. We're getting together tomorrow to talk about everything, so I guess I'll really find out what they think.

My question is-- if they request one-- what are some of the better educational books that they can read that will help them understand where I'm coming from, and just general information about gay people/ community? I saw a book in the store today- 'Now that you know'... is this a good one? Any advice would be great... thanks. (I'm sure theres a thread on this topic, I just couldn't find one)

Thanks.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, congratulations on coming out to your parents! That's awesome! :slight_smile:

Yes, "Now That You Know" is a really good book. Another thing you could do, print out some of the online material from PFlag.

Seems like they have taken it well. Hope all goes well tomorrow.